Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-07-2017, 11:59 PM   #1561
Iko Iko
Fantomah

XM, keep doing what you are doing. It is why collectors keep buying your product. Besides innovative designs, the quality control is superb (and needs to be maintained).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:59 AM   #1562
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
This piece is already starting to ship...if anything gets done it will likely be in the form of a replacement head (similar to what they did for Ant Man).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Since they do things in batches. I don't see why the mold and casting can't be fixed before they keep sending out more Venoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
What Mr. Jones said.

I didn't like the look of head either, but I wasn't going to lose my marbles like some people here did. Did you guys expect XM to immediately issue a statement that they were going to redo 999 heads after literally 2 people posted pics without investigating first?

It's one thing to make them aware of concerns, it's another to act like the world has ended because of it...I don't care how much money you decided to spend on it, that's not their fault. I think they've earned some benefit of the doubt from collectors by now.
I know I said Im getting off the soapbox, but I gotta say my peace cuz I think some of this is directed at me especially since the money thing got brought up. This thing was investigated and it wasnt going smoothly...Honestly when u look at the short timeline on how things unfolded...it went from 'Its one guys distorted camera pics' 'The rest of them are fine.' 'Everyone should wait to get them In Hand and then decide'

From there they visited the production facilities and stated again there is no issue. Photos were put up on the forums and XM Facebook stated it isnt an issue.

So yes customers very strongly stated what the differences and concerns were. The jaw was significantly more open, and disjointed to a degree making it much less desirable than the proto. Comparison pictures were shown. At this time XM stated they understood what the concerns are and would rectify it.

This should have been the end of it, and everyone should have been content with the results.

Now it seems like some people are lambasting the collectors for making this strong of stand as passionately as they did. I gave the examples of previous statues not being able to be fixed after the fact. People can say Wolverine having stenciled on hair didnt bother them becuz they couldnt see it from the front, but to a lot of people it was an issue. Phoenix head issue was a pretty major issue, and even though it was explained a lot of collectors were unhappy. There are other issues I can point out with certain XM statues (i.e. smaller heads, longer legs) that are now out there, that if the issues were caught beforehand...they could have been fixed before they were sent out. So it hasnt always been perfect results.

So perhaps seeing from some of these previous issues, and the initial responses about Venom even after investigating was stating there was no issue...you can perhaps see why the benefit of doubt was eroding.

This was a moment where collectors stepped up quickly and XM recognized the seriousness of the issue due to collectors being persistent. At no time did anyone disrespect the company. I can be a massive fan of a company and still be critical.

I know you may not care how much somebody spent on a Statue, but I do and so should XM. Even if I spend $500 on a statue I expect quality, and $500 is not chump change, but these could come out to double that. This is the reason many people shifted off that other company due to inconsistent quality, price increases, and an indifference to their customers(not trying to diss that company as lately they may be turning things around). If XM adopts that philosophy it would be the same result.

So I am not trying to but perhaps the collectors shouldnt be treated as whiny little -----es when they are the ones putting up their hard earned money for the best result. I think they have earned and paid for the benefit to have their voices heard, even if it sounds too critical as long as its respectful. The fact XM listens is the reason the collectors keep returning.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:22 AM   #1563
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I know I said Im getting off the soapbox, but I gotta say my peace cuz I think some of this is directed at me especially since the money thing got brought up. This thing was investigated and it wasnt going smoothly...Honestly when u look at the short timeline on how things unfolded...it went from 'Its one guys distorted camera pics' 'The rest of them are fine.' 'Everyone should wait to get them In Hand and then decide'

From there they visited the production facilities and stated again there is no issue. Photos were put up on the forums and XM Facebook stated it isnt an issue.

So yes customers very strongly stated what the differences and concerns were. The jaw was significantly more open, and disjointed to a degree making it much less desirable than the proto. Comparison pictures were shown. At this time XM stated they understood what the concerns are and would rectify it.

This should have been the end of it, and everyone should have been content with the results.

Now it seems like some people are lambasting the collectors for making this strong of stand as passionately as they did. I gave the examples of previous statues not being able to be fixed after the fact. People can say Wolverine having stenciled on hair didnt bother them becuz they couldnt see it from the front, but to a lot of people it was an issue. Phoenix head issue was a pretty major issue, and even though it was explained a lot of collectors were unhappy. There are other issues I can point out with certain XM statues (i.e. smaller heads, longer legs) that are now out there, that if the issues were caught beforehand...they could have been fixed before they were sent out. So it hasnt always been perfect results.

So perhaps seeing from some of these previous issues, and the initial responses about Venom even after investigating was stating there was no issue...you can perhaps see why the benefit of doubt was eroding.

This was a moment where collectors stepped up quickly and XM recognized the seriousness of the issue due to collectors being persistent. At no time did anyone disrespect the company. I can be a massive fan of a company and still be critical.

I know you may not care how much somebody spent on a Statue, but I do and so should XM. Even if I spend $500 on a statue I expect quality, and $500 is not chump change, but these could come out to double that. This is the reason many people shifted off that other company due to inconsistent quality, price increases, and an indifference to their customers(not trying to diss that company as lately they may be turning things around). If XM adopts that philosophy it would be the same result.

So I am not trying to but perhaps the collectors shouldnt be treated as whiny little -----es when they are the ones putting up their hard earned money for the best result. I think they have earned and paid for the benefit to have their voices heard, even if it sounds too critical as long as its respectful. The fact XM listens is the reason the collectors keep returning.

For how expensive this hobby is getting, there needs to be a level respect shown to the consumer as well (not really directed at XM as they're really good here). Sure, there's no reason to completely lambast a company for a mishap, but their initial response to our concerns seemed all too familiar from companies who are unwilling to account for their mistakes. XM has usually done very well in the cust service department, but you can't blame the customer when XM was passing off the misaligned jaws as "normal" and acting like the bigger gap wasn't there.

XM made the product and they should know it better than us. Considering how they usually QC everything, if it wasn't right to begin with, why move forward with the final stage of production in the first place? While I'm sure there's more to the story on why this happened, but if the customers didn't show their passion with this issue, would the head have been fixed at all? I realize I'm being a little dramatic here, but customers should get what was advertised and shouldn't accept flaws as normal. Not when these things are priced at what they are now. All in all, I'm still happy with the way XM addressed the situation at the end and I can't ask for anything more.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #1564
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

Again, agree with you.
You can't criticize XM without having the XM Defense Force coming for you, just like Sideshow in the old days.
People were right to complain about the head and it worked because XM will fix them now.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:44 AM   #1565
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Some of us criticize XM over a long time if something is wrong, way before someone hear about XM or have a statue in hand.

What i mean is we stay relax at a point like that, because we have the trust. It works more in the background and yes guys like Bmutha, Kris or myself are hard on criticize XM for things. It just not happen here, that´s all.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #1566
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:

Right on. If nothing happened or pushed then what?
Its freakin awesome they have acknowledged it now, but when it comes to Cables wonky eye and most people being sweet with it cause XM and Misney said so, doesnt make it right at all. Shouldve printed the head out with cyber eye looking somewhere else. That problem is still there and no one else is picking it up because its grail level untouchable perfection level... well its not perfection (and its not even an opinion really so no IMHO).

The thing about this hobby is a quiet letter to a company gets you nowhere. It has to be here and FB to make a public loud point for them to do something about anything. People here think its negative and wrong and bashing or what evs... man i love XM. When i see something off to what was expected.... yeh im gonna say it and hope it gets momentum so we all get a great product.

bout venom... i am so freakin stoked it got worked out.... way more again still then any other company would do..
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #1567
Trinita
Fantastic Four

Not gonna go on with A Diatribe..lets just say..i agree with Cali604 and Chafoshizzle 100% ..they said it perfectly ..if a company doesn't do right by its customers then we will take our business somewhere else..I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #1568
Trinita
Fantastic Four

Gonna watch some reviews on Cable..if i dont like what i see..then ill just sell mine when i get it..like my S**t Nice..NO GREASE ON MY PIECE..foshizzle
Trinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #1569
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:

Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #1570
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:

well said.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote