Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #1241
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's great to hear when someone is so satisfied with a statue.

Yeah - you're right.

Even more so when it's someone who is a great person too!

Wish we could all be as happy with our collectibles when they turn up - but I'll live vicariously through Matt for a while

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #1242
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It was definitely worth the wait and I recommend any fan of the movie to get this if they have a bit of spare cash.
right on brother, very nice to hear there was a nice conclusion for you with this ordeal and it was worth the troubles

i agree 100% - as a huge fan of the movie i was incredibly satisfied with this statue. when the movie first came out i was still collecting hot toys and it was very disappointing they did not pursue the license. i almost even looked into a custom 1/6 figure that was being commissioned at the time because i wanted dredd represented in my collection that bad

needless to say fast forward all these years and i still cant believe i own a 1/4 statue of this caliber of DREDD
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #1243
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's great to hear when someone is so satisfied with a statue.
There have been plenty I sadly haven't loved when they were previewed (or even arrived at my door *cough Wolf Predator LSB*). It's nice that you notice the positive comments when they are made and taken them on board. So many people on these forums love to claim that we're all negative all of the time which simply isn't the case imo. I try to show my happiness in the hobby as much as my disappointment. And this one is a happy one fortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Yeah - you're right.

Even more so when it's someone who is a great person too!

Wish we could all be as happy with our collectibles when they turn up - but I'll live vicariously through Matt for a while

I'm blushing, thanks Spike! You'd definitely like this guy in person, but I appreciate that we can't buy absolutely everything we want. You enjoy mine lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
right on brother, very nice to hear there was a nice conclusion for you with this ordeal and it was worth the troubles

i agree 100% - as a huge fan of the movie i was incredibly satisfied with this statue. when the movie first came out i was still collecting hot toys and it was very disappointing they did not pursue the license. i almost even looked into a custom 1/6 figure that was being commissioned at the time because i wanted dredd represented in my collection that bad

needless to say fast forward all these years and i still cant believe i own a 1/4 statue of this caliber of DREDD

Thank you! And nice! I'm glad you're happy also! I still hope that Prime 1 might give us the ultimate version of this guy in 1/3, but I'll likely still keep this even if they do..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #1244
Jase25
Frackin!

Not meaning to resurrect the dead but I recently purchased the Comic Version of this off of evilBay. I had $142 in “ebay bucks” and the seller accepted an offer of $270 for him, so for $128 out of pocket I figure I couldn’t lose and I have 1/3 scale coming from Sideshow so I figured it would be a nice display to have them both. Anyway the seller did mention the cuffs needed to be repaired. No worries there but I got him today and I noticed I can’t get him to sit down all the way on to his base. Has anyone else had this issue? Or know of a fix?
Thanks in advance. - Jase
Jase25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #1245
Python
Omega Red

Don't apologies, some threads are worth reviving. This is such a good little statue, it's nice to see it pop up again. Absolutely no such issue on mine, although it's not the comic version. Any pictures of the fit?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #1246
Jase25
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Don't apologies, some threads are worth reviving. This is such a good little statue, it's nice to see it pop up again. Absolutely no such issue on mine, although it's not the comic version. Any pictures of the fit?
Thanks for the kind words. I’ve been a member here for years but I’m more of a lurker then a poster. I just know over on Sideshow’s Freak Board people are quick to jump on users that bring up older threads, which to me is strange (but hell I’m older I turn 50 next month) because we’re a group of collectors who basically collect and buy items (for quite a bit of money) most people just wouldn’t understand the fascination or desire to own or let alone pay for, yet I see guys attack each other on a daily basis over a collectible for the stupidest reasons. I’ve been honestly surprised how nice everyone here has been, so thank you. Sorry didn’t mean to be long winded.

Anyway - I will post pics tomorrow. I was thinking of maybe boring out the pin hole just Slightly alittle wider so the block peg for the right foot has more “wiggle” room. Right now it doesn’t sit flush so his left foot which is suppose to sit on the rocky rise, sort of floats above it.

I’m also considering doing a dry brush technique over the whole base to bring out the detail. It looks very flat if that makes sense. Normally I wouldn’t want to repaint anything but considering I got it for under $130 of my own cash I don’t feel to bad about modifying him.
Jase25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:54 PM   #1247
Mister H
Green Goblin

Yeah post pics. I had to wait a long time for him but this Dredd was worth the wait. I love seeing collection pics from other members.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #1248
SONICobra
Batman

extremely underrated statue but so seems the fate of DREDD in general...

mine fit fine btw
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #1249
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase25 View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I’ve been a member here for years but I’m more of a lurker then a poster. I just know over on Sideshow’s Freak Board people are quick to jump on users that bring up older threads, which to me is strange (but hell I’m older I turn 50 next month) because we’re a group of collectors who basically collect and buy items (for quite a bit of money) most people just wouldn’t understand the fascination or desire to own or let alone pay for, yet I see guys attack each other on a daily basis over a collectible for the stupidest reasons. I’ve been honestly surprised how nice everyone here has been, so thank you. Sorry didn’t mean to be long winded.

Anyway - I will post pics tomorrow. I was thinking of maybe boring out the pin hole just Slightly alittle wider so the block peg for the right foot has more “wiggle” room. Right now it doesn’t sit flush so his left foot which is suppose to sit on the rocky rise, sort of floats above it.

I’m also considering doing a dry brush technique over the whole base to bring out the detail. It looks very flat if that makes sense. Normally I wouldn’t want to repaint anything but considering I got it for under $130 of my own cash I don’t feel to bad about modifying him.

Some people love to moan, ignore them. Some of the older statues are still the best, I don't see any issue with keeping the discussions around them going on occasion. In fact I'd like to see it happen more. Not that this one is that old really. You got a bargain, and it sounds like you know what you're doing.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #1250
Jase25
Frackin!

Thanks again.

Well I looked all over the base and it seemed that the toe peg and heel peg weren’t fully sitting down into the base. So I Dremeled them out a little and then I addressed the paint issue of the base. Too me it seemed very dull. There is a ton of sculpted detail but none of it popped. At least for me. So, I did a black wash, followed with a little burnt umber watered down. I finally sealed it with some Testors Dul-Cote. Here are pics of the before and how the Statue sat....and the after...how he is now. I think he’s amazing. He’s already up in my detolf and waiting for the 10th when my PCS 1/3 scale Dredd arrives.

Click image for larger version

Name:	988988CE-C6F2-489D-A2D7-EC33E04E7FF6.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	127884

Name:	641B5425-C95D-48D6-B7FB-CE05CD467CAB.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	127885

Name:	CCB8DBCD-2E26-473E-8D72-11C0A65D416C.jpg