Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

DEMANDING for better Styro PCS

I just want to share my sentiments on this statue.
I have been collecting the PCS statue for nearly 3 years now and I love the statue that comes out from this company. I actually have the complete Street Fighter Character.
There is an official and license distributor of Sideshow Collectibles product in our country, and PCS was initially partly brought in by them. There were only 4 release(Ryu, Vega, Ken, Cammy) Akuma was not released here in Philippines. Suddenly it all stopped and I had to order direct from the States just to continue the line. I ask the Local Dealer why they didn't continue ordering the line? The answer was short and clear! TO MANY BREAKAGES". I had to ask permission from the local distributor if I can bring them in and was permitted.
From then on I had to bring this line in the country at retail price and shipped it locally. I accepted pre-ordering so that I could have someone to share the shipping cost and taxes. Starting from the release of Zangief onward. Guile, Bison, Felicia and Kabuki and till now even Chun-li, Plus Lion-O and Mumra, I am the one bringing them in. Now this Scorpion is the worst packaging! Broken pieces.
Jerry I have been following your line and I think you really don't care about your followers clamor. I hardly share my sentiments on the board but this is just way out of hand already. Increasing the prices on higher edition statues is just not right anymore, (MOQ) Minimum Ordering Quantity up in China means you can get lower prices, by meeting their request you then by get wholesale prices. Yet still there is no improvement on the packaging. I hope you still fly over to China to talk with your supplier and tell them upfront the situations your getting. Not just complaining over email and internet. I think you do have a responsibility to your customer in providing good product, service and quality at the premium we are paying.

You can see I was lucky enough to get the lowest statue I have ever received #3 and still it is broken.
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

typical PCS, I remember Jerry saying it'd change way back around Guile and Bison 1/4 statues, but its clear no attempt has been made to change that crap quality, glad I sold all my PCS stuff and quit collecting it, its unfortunate PCS has the license to MK though, but alas ill get my fix from Syco collectibles
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Jerry has said from this point forward everything will have the better styrofoam.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I was probably the biggest complainer about the crappy styrofoam, but I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt. ARH and PCS are very closely linked to one another in the fact they both make awesome statues but use craptastic styro. Well, ARH confirmed to everyone that they would ONLY be using the high quality styrofoam.

Jerry said that they would be using the newer styrofoam from here on out. So we will see. I hope this problem is rectified with all future releases, starting with Chun-Li.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

Better styro on MOST pieces, IIRC he said some of the lower run ones it wasn't viable.

I don't think we need another thread about this though :|
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Wow really this again
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

unprofessional IMO, how can other companies who charge way less use good styro on even low edition runs? just excuses, but its okay guys just keep on encouraging this from statue producers, and see what you get
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Jerry has said from this point forward everything will have the better styrofoam.
Hopefully, cuz I'm quitting PCS if Chunner still comes in this crap from what we're paying. Statue quality is pointless if it comes broken.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
Hopefully, cuz I'm quitting PCS if Chunner still comes in this crap from what we're paying. Statue quality is pointless if it comes broken.
Exactly.. Whats use is a good stats when its broken..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
unprofessional IMO, how can other companies who charge way less use good styro on even low edition runs? just excuses, but its okay guys just keep on encouraging this from statue producers, and see what you get
Jerry I hope your reading this.. GG Sucker punch was a very low run but they made sure it was Molded Stryo.. Babydoll was the smallest run and see where the prices is now.. Everything was just Class A..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Better styro on MOST pieces, IIRC he said some of the lower run ones it wasn't viable.
I don't think we need another thread about this though :|
Absolutely! To remind PCS about his commitment to us.. Let's just hope Chun-li is going to in this new styro already... So I can shut-up and continue selling PCS statue here in my country..
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
Vracula
Jedi Order

he said he is going to use better styro going forward,I dont know about the lack of breakages though.I think the breakages on this statue are very high and not consistent with the number he gave us ,just because people can live with little breakages doesnt mean it's okay,I hope he has learnt from this because he has lost alot of his customerbase to SYCO already.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote