Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #21
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Man, something with some anime flavor. It would be right up the PCS alley with the type of things you guys have done already.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
Freon
Howling at the Moon

I can't think of a single 'Original' line that I would be interested in. I mean, there are a few, but not really something that I'd want to throw $3-400 on.

Sideshow already has a zombie line.
Gentle Giant has a women with big boobs and guns line.
ARH has a classic warriors line.
Some company that I can't remember has a gods line.

Most of that stuff interests me but I don't buy any of those statues.
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Maybe a line of hunter/prey characters, that can be posed together or apart. So you have the more menacing/horrific hunter character, and then the prey character being the antithesis of that character/creature, maybe armed with weapons to fight against it.

So like for example some kind of hulking mutated man, a giant arm and a small one, twisted frame, contorted face, and then a hero/heroine type, small in stature but aiming a f**k off sized rocket launcher (maybe with a kid or other character trembling in the fetal position behind that character with the main hero's foot resting on their back for support as they fire?).

Kinda like if you imagine Evil Dead's Ash brandishing his weapons as one piece that can stand alone or be slotted together to another piece with a hideous deadite for a dio option - say for example Mr Cleary's zombie all 'Ill swallow your soul!!' (or what might be cooler is that the bases are similar to a degree across the whole line so that you can choose who to slot with whom?).
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Maybe characters that would represent earth, fire, wind, water, ice, thunder, light and darkness.. That would be cool, as i have been drawing characters based on these elements..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
I can't think of a single 'Original' line that I would be interested in. I mean, there are a few, but not really something that I'd want to throw $3-400 on.

Sideshow already has a zombie line.
Gentle Giant has a women with big boobs and guns line.
ARH has a classic warriors line.
Some company that I can't remember has a gods line.

Most of that stuff interests me but I don't buy any of those statues.
And since Patient Zero and the Undying Carcass, I've found Sideshow's Zombies lacking. I'd like to see what PCS can do
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #26
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

With Jerry's background in prosthetics and makeup a line of monster sculptures would, potentially, be freakin' epic!

Additionally, I loved the bloody werewolf figure from Jerry's SOTA days and if something similar was done by PCS in 1/4 scale I'd honestly be all over it.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Maybe something similar to the Sideshow Conan diorama but instead of a man "capturing" the scantily clothed damsel in distress, you can have a monster/alien/robot/etc.

On the other hand, many of us like the strong kick-a$$ woman so maybe a "hunter" type diorama with a hunter chick and a huge bear or tiger or eagle or something like that.

I first fell in love with Jerry's SF Akuma and the sculpt of the musculature. Definitely need to incorporate that again somehow.
BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #28
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Robots my friend. I think you guys would make some pretty sick looking droids or other types of robots similar to the ones over at ThreeAtoys.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #29
Atheris
The Maxx

Nude chicks

That....or Dragons, Aliens, mythical monsters, mutants.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
Niero
U talkin' to me?

I would like o see some samurais, everyone is doing zumbis, dragons and robots, we could use some really well done samurais in mixed midia
Niero is offline   Reply With Quote