Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-09-2016, 11:51 PM   #11
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Cool love the pose and hope we get switch out portraits! Can't wait to see the rest of the justice league. I can use a action pose supes and batman.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

looks awesome but im surprised they didn't open with flash, hopefully soon
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #13
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Interesting to me as far their relationship with SS for a couple of reasons. I read that SS will be carrying these on Instagram. It seems that these are directly competing with SS (barring the different costumes). And it seems odd that the first tease was of the same character that SS just put up for preorder not too long ago. I've read quite a few who have said they're cancelling their SS or that this have solidified their decision not to get the SS.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:15 AM   #14
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Interesting to me as far their relationship with SS for a couple of reasons. I read that SS will be carrying these on Instagram. It seems that these are directly competing with SS (barring the different costumes). And it seems odd that the first tease was of the same character that SS just put up for preorder not too long ago. I've read quite a few who have said they're cancelling their SS or that this have solidified their decision not to get the SS.
I'm sure ss has a deal with prime 1. Otherwise if it was competing they would have never allowed it. They knew it was going to compete when they gave prime 1 the go for DC in 1/4. Both companies must have a deal to help each other out big time. I'm sure no one loses anything. As for the prime 1 versions if the batman and suoerman etc comes out really good like the GL. I will sell off most of my ss to get these instead. The ss GL was good I liked it. But I just like this one more. I sure don't need two of the same characters with space so tight. Maybe only one exception is I still love the ss Wonder Woman. That's one I can make room for more than one. Steve is the man for making her so well sculpted. Hope the prime 1 DC 1/4 is true to the size next to the ss 1/4 and not any smaller when side by side.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 AM   #15
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the New 52 costumes look good. I am sure Prime 1 will amaze us however they do them. Im just glad its more dynamic poses then just museum poses The 1/3s were too big for me as it would eat away display space....
but 1/4 DC ...perfect!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 AM   #16
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I read that SS will be carrying these on Instagram.
Huh?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 AM   #17
Blasterkid
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This is pretty exciting.

Blasterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:45 AM   #18
Luminous
Cyclops

My patience has paid off!! I know it hasn't been fully revealed but I have confidence this one will get the concerns I have about SS's offering right.

I have to echo some of the comments about the timing of this announcement. Sideshow's GL is still relatively fresh in the pre-order phase, now this? I think it's awesome, but it is intriguing.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:02 AM   #19
FJC
Midnighter

Any New 52 pieces are an instant pass for me.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:19 AM   #20
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Curious to know whether their license is restricted to New 52 specifically, or if it extends to anything and everything post-Flashpoint.

While I'm in the camp that appreciates the cosmetic changes that came with the reboot, there are a few characters that have undergone several redesigns (some good, some not so good) since then. Can't help but wonder what's fair game for Prime 1 moving forward.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote