Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-26-2020, 06:22 AM   #251
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post
Do you guys think diamond will ever re-release busts again? With some busts they have only released the first 1000. I still need Riddler, Scarecrow and Mr Freeze.
I feel you for Riddler & Scarecrow - others like Ivy, Robin and regular Joker can be found super cheap everywhere yet Freeze, Riddler & Scarecrow are like gold dust!
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:23 AM   #252
JAG2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post
They are both really cool! But why they release a Beware The Batman bust is beyond my reach. Yeah, Deadstroke is cool, but why not use the one from the Adventures Continures line?
It's odd they would release a "Beware the Batman" villain before Batman himself! Also the show isn't exactly well regarded so I'm surprised they even made one from the show
Old 03-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #253
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
It's odd they would release a "Beware the Batman" villain before Batman himself! Also the show isn't exactly well regarded so I'm surprised they even made one from the show
It's too bad they didn't give the show a chance because the second half was much better than the first half.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #254
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
I think we just wanted to make an animated Deathstroke, and he wasn't in TAS. No plans for a BTB Batman.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #255
banner23
Justice League

Hi Zach, is the BTAS resin bust line now finished ?
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #256
DSTZach
Distributor

I am not aware of anything in development right now, but I thought we were done before we did Deathstroke and the new Harley. So never say never.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #257
JAG2045

Hi Zach, do you know if more of some of the rarer busts which apparently didn't see all 3000 get released (like Mr Freeze, Scarecrow, Riddler, Penguin) will be getting the remaining stock out into the market at any point?
Old 04-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #258
DSTZach
Distributor

I am not aware of any new runs, or even if those were not fully produced.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:16 PM   #259
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hi Zach. My question is why start so many avenues, Superman TAS and so on, without making a dent? In Batman Beyond, how many? Two, not counting variants?? In Justice League, the original line-up wasn't even completed. You would have to take Bats and Supes to complete the line-up. IMO you should have just concentrated on just two and leave it as that. You just teased us and then pull the rug from under our feet. Thank you.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #260
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
Hi Zach. My question is why start so many avenues, Superman TAS and so on, without making a dent? In Batman Beyond, how many? Two, not counting variants?? In Justice League, the original line-up wasn't even completed. You would have to take Bats and Supes to complete the line-up. IMO you should have just concentrated on just two and leave it as that. You just teased us and then pull the rug from under our feet. Thank you.
Sorry you feel that way. Teasing was not intended.

I imagine sales played a part. If the Superman line had performed as strongly as the Batman line, we might have gotten to Parasite, Metallo, etc., but I don't know that Supergirl, Lex Luthor, etc. sold as well as the Bat-foes. Justice League same thing -- not sure how well GL, GA, Flash did. Martian Manhunter is a character who never sells very well in general, so I can see why he was put off.

I think Beyond was just done to get the Batman design, and we made three versions. Old Bruce was a nice side bonus, but I probably would have gone with a villain, not that any of them are terribly well-known outside of the show's core fan base (Shriek, Inque). Maybe a future JL member? Warhawk, Barda? I love Barda, but again, not mega-popular characters.