Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-24-2022, 12:11 AM   #11
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I know this is gonna sound mean, but some people are a-holes and don?t want others to be happy. If someone don?t have room for this in 1/3, they can buy it now! If they want the 1/3, it?s still available and not going anywhere. Having the same statue in different scales is consumer friendly, and the only people that don?t like this are whiny toddlers.
I don’t think it’s ”mean.” I think it’s just myopic. Whether you like it or not, these are limited edition collectibles, and part of their value comes from their scarcity relative to their demand.

When you start flooding the market with variants, you destroy that. When you do that to the most desirable statues, it has an even more pronounced effect.

If the only objective is being ”consumer friendly” and making others ”happy,” then they should abolish the limited editions altogether going forward.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:14 AM   #12
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Lets face it, all of these statue collections will end up in a landfill, eventually. Pleasing 1/4 collectors isn't the worst thing that could happen. Agreed that they should've changed it up somehow, hence my lack of interest.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:18 AM   #13
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
LOL hurts no one man. If you have the 1/3rd cool nothing to see here if you always wanted in 1/4th great. I simply don't understand this mentality that somehow this is bad.
Personally speaking there?s several stylistic choices Ive never liked with this statue, now they?ve squandered the chance to make the definitive 1/4 scale ?hush? Batman so they can take the easy out instead of making something new and original
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:33 AM   #14
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This might be the reigning salty thread for a while

People wanted this in 1/4 and Prime 1 didn't benefit from secondary market prices, so...
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:33 AM   #15
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Personally speaking there?s several stylistic choices Ive never liked with this statue, now they?ve squandered the chance to make the definitive 1/4 scale ?hush? Batman so they can take the easy out instead of making something new and original
Yeah, would have preferred them trying another approach with the 1/4 scale. Don?t blame them though. I?m sure it?ll sell. I didn?t buy the 1/3 because it?s too big but if it was offered at 1/4 scale at the time, I?d probably have purchased.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:01 AM   #16
Biggunz
Loki

I have the 1\3 but this probably works better in 1\4.

I have no reason to be mad. Still happy with the 1\3 too.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:10 AM   #17
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I like it, it's good to have options and more opportunities
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:26 AM   #18
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I know this is gonna sound mean, but some people are a-holes and don?t want others to be happy. If someone don?t have room for this in 1/3, they can buy it now! If they want the 1/3, it?s still available and not going anywhere. Having the same statue in different scales is consumer friendly, and the only people that don?t like this are whiny toddlers.
It's not mean, just dumb. Had they given the option right from the gate for both scales that is fine(lazy, but fine), pulling this after the fact is not. It's slightly better than years after sellout like the Hush Superman, but still very poor way to do business.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:51 AM   #19
KiDD
Birdman

This is great news.

I didn't get the original because 1/3 is way too massive for my collection. This still is IMHO the best Batman to date (although the base could use a bit of work).

Edit: Also, I doubt that they had the 1/4 license when they made the 1/3.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 04:47 AM   #20
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Pair it with the Batcave Alfred.
Great point, they should match perfectly. I'm going to see how big he is before considering

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post

Edit: Also, I doubt that they had the 1/4 license when they made the 1/3.
Agreed, this is like tweeterhead coming out with 1/4 after doing 1/6, if you didn't want it in 1/3 you shouldn't have bought it. P1 won't have had 1/4 in their plans for most of these, but if there's demand, why not? More choice is good for us
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote