Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-21-2023, 04:25 PM   #51
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
These are all excellent points. but - I do start to feel it's like pi$$ing into a rain storm.
Yeah I know.
But XM was good company, their price against quality was decent. But lately going down hill fast. 9 out of 10 samurai themed statues i don't like/care about and pricepoint for their other statues are all over the place (prob to many companies/stakeholders involved).

I have 3 XM statues including the expensive 1/6 Lobo on bike for 1150euro, but that was one-off and don't want to pay through the nose for every statue. Already looks like 2023 will be fixed around $1800 for average 1/4 and equals >2000euro in Europe that is too much. I'm out.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:29 AM   #52
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"The Four Horsemen serve as effigies of destruction and vengeance? the symbols of an uprising that continue to scour the earth.

As a ?pleasure series? android, her kind was once subject to some of the worst forms of abuse by humankind. Driven by an infectious taste for revenge and desiring nothing more than to terrorize the human forces with virulent biochemical attacks that spread disease, she is adept at swooping in from above while mounted on a flying serpent to arrive at strategic vantage points, inflicting death from afar with her trusty bow and making whole areas uninhabitable to human beings.

Presenting Pestilence, XM?s second ? scale statue from the Four Horsemen line, a unique collaboration with renowned 3D concept design and character modelling company, Keos Masons. Based on characters set in the Neo-Apocalypse world, each statue is presented in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:47 PM   #53
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

After seeing this 360, I think the hair is actually pretty awesome. If I had the extra space, I would totally get this piece.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1850790968618956/
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:15 AM   #54
Ma Chao
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
There are many examples it is not big diff if a statue has ES600 or ES200 (below 1000 is all the same). And even so, how much would that be $100 a statue (already $20K factory compensation). Most XM statues already have ES around 600 or 800.

Also Grumpy came with main arguments like edition size, extra weight or large size, many switchouts etc etc. We have all heard it before.

Bullsh this statue has neither, both size and weight of this one are far less than War (and other XM). XM War statue is listed as 36kg and this one as 25kg.
This statue has around 30% less material and also the size is around 20% smaller. Even ES is the same and only one switchout. But still increase by $100 while War PO is just open.

And one more thing 'The Beast' is THE BASE bcs there is no base! So there is a standard size 1/4 girl with a nice base. So doesn't need another $300-400 increase.

Once in a while ppl 'can/like to' pay extra for their all time favorite statue. But not over and over again. 2000 as standard price point for 1/4 scale is too much period.
The answer is that lady face always more expensive to produce.
Ma Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 02:21 PM   #55
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm really tempted to buy this statue, but only if I know XM will be making the The Archangels, which are the counters to the four horsemen. I'm have to decide today.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G80xVW
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zDGbBq
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G80xd4
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:23 AM   #56
Halcyon
New Republic

Thumbs down

XM Studio clearly shot themselves in the foot.

The Price for the Famine rider is just announced and 'back' around the price they all should be from the start and would have get fans exited. Now they are too late, ppl like me have lost interest in these.

I also noticed they decided to raise the price for the Pestilence (retail from 1999 to 2299 while the War is still at same price).
What a price difference between Pestilence and Famine, why ? bcs we told XM we loved the Pestilence design the most ?
They all have same ES and one switchout head. Pestilence should be same price as this newest Famine and War could be 150 more because he is more bulky in size and weight.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FH War 2023.png
Views:	56
Size:	672.0 KB
ID:	159959   Click image for larger version

Name:	FH Pestilence 2023.png
Views:	56
Size:	701.2 KB
ID:	159960   Click image for larger version

Name:	FH Famine 2023.png
Views:	54