Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-17-2019, 05:30 PM   #21
VinnyCap
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Does anyone else think thor’s left arm with Mjolnir seems odd and tacked on? Looks like it doesn’t work with the angle of his body or it might just be me.
VinnyCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyCap View Post
Does anyone else think thor’s left arm with Mjolnir seems odd and tacked on? Looks like it doesn’t work with the angle of his body or it might just be me.
I think it looks fine, but chances are that I won’t be displaying him with Mjolnir anyway; as I’m definitely thinking about displaying Cap with shield and hammer in hand....just not sure if I should use the full or broken shield.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #23
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Well I don't think there's anyway it wasn't going to come with Mjolnir and since they have the "default" or whatever pose of him having both hands on top of Stormbreaker like that, it was really the only option.

I think I would have preferred just a normal stance with switch out hands to have him holding each of them in either hand, but I'm still fine with it as-is.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #24
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Well I don't think there's anyway it wasn't going to come with Mjolnir and since they have the "default" or whatever pose of him having both hands on top of Stormbreaker like that, it was really the only option.

I think I would have preferred just a normal stance with switch out hands to have him holding each of them in either hand, but I'm still fine with it as-is.
No matter what other options come in for Thor, if at all. I’m definitely leaving Stormbreaker in front of that gut.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:51 PM   #25
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I would love if there is a left hand that was able to hold Stormbreaker, the way it's holding Mjolnir. I hope they are interchangeable, and the hand that's resting on Stormbreaker could have a swapout relaxed arm
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #26
gearhead
The Herculoids

I was dead set against getting this until I saw the three of them put together with the matching bases. They look really good like that. IF he comes with a switch out belly I might bite, but no way in hell am I buying a fat Thor.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #27
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don’t think he really looks fat in the pictures that have been shown; I think pretty much everyone other than the people who decided to do it knows that was a silly/pointless decision to make for his character.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #28
nearmint
Phoenix

If Marvel was smart GOTG 3 would begin with Thor working out aboard the Guardian’s ship, and more ripped than he’s ever been before.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #29
gearhead
The Herculoids

Maybe. We'll see. We haven't had a good view yet, and I feel like they specifically choose that pose with the axe to purposely hide his belly to make people like me go "he doesn't look that bad." Not a chance I get him if there's a belly hiding behind that axe.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:44 AM   #30
Thor57
Teen Titans

Same. If it’s fat Thor, easy pass. But if he’s fit, or even a swap out, then I’ll bite.

Any idea of release date?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote