Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #11
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Now that Starfire has been made, I’d say she has a pretty good chance. Well, definitely better than most DC characters.

I think Mera, Hawkgirl, Raven are the most likely new DC female character statues that will happen.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #12
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Now that Starfire has been made, I’d say she has a pretty good chance. Well, definitely better than most DC characters.

I think Mera, Hawkgirl, Raven are the most likely new DC female statue that is to happen.
How a 1:4 comic or film Mera hasn't happened is baffling.

I'd guess any character with other media presence gets a boost. Stargirl will have her own show, and Big Barda if the New Gods movie ends up happening.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #13
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
How a 1:4 comic or film Mera hasn't happened is baffling.

I'd guess any character with other media presence gets a boost. Stargirl will have her own show, and Big Barda if the New Gods movie ends up happening.
I don’t think the recent media presence help much unless it is a big blockbuster movie. It took a while for Green Arrow to be made even though the TV series existed for quite a while. And, Flash....
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I don’t think the recent media presence help much unless it is a big blockbuster movie. It took a while for Green Arrow to be made even though the TV series existed for quite a while. And, Flash....
Aquaman is biggest grossing DC movie ever made.

Lack of Flash (Barry or Wally) defies all reason and logic. I'll never understand how he isn't in the first dozen of any DC line.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #15
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #16
Peedi
The Secret Six

I don’t think popular movie or tv show translates to “this comic version character will sell.”

Sideshow used to go by short term presence/popularity for Marvel characters. They made Bucky Cap, a true sign of the times. They made Skaar, a wildly popular statue at the time and where even is that whole character anymore? Nobody cares. Short lived Marvel Now costumes long forgotten, like what they put Gamora in. It seems they’ve gotten away from that, otherwise we would’ve had a Spider-Gwen PF a while ago.

I think if Raven gets made it will be because she’s a girl. Nothing more than that. Sideshow has shown a partiality to making females, even the more obscure, across several lines before they’d touch males. They made Cheetah and a few Supergirls when we could've had Hawkman and Nightwing.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #17
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I think if Raven gets made it will be because she’s a girl. Nothing more than that. Sideshow has shown a partiality to making females, even the more obscure, across several lines before they’d touch males. They made Cheetah and a few Supergirls when we could've had Hawkman and Nightwing.
I don't blame them for making what sells. That said, I'm not sure how they anticipate that when they never give certain characters an opportunity.

What is a greater risk, Hawkman or Hawkgirl?
Old 05-22-2019, 03:19 AM   #18
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
What is a greater risk, Hawkman or Hawkgirl?
Both, so they should just make Nightcrawler
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #19
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
And that’s the problem with sideshow assuming people don’t want to buy the character when it doesn’t sell well (assuming that’s what they do...?) instead of determining if the art direction/pose/execution is why it didn’t sell. Example, I would’ve bought their last Captain America PF had it been classic and not whatever they did, but they didn’t make the character I like in a way I’d want.
Same reason for me but that pf had a 6000 total es so it was a success to them to make more made up costumes.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #20
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
And that’s the problem with sideshow assuming people don’t want to buy the character when it doesn’t sell well (assuming that’s what they do...?) instead of determining if the art direction/pose/execution is why it didn’t sell. Example, I would’ve bought their last Captain America PF had it been classic and not whatever they did, but they didn’t make the character I like in a way I’d want.
I easily would've bought the last Cap PF in his classic costume. Sometimes, sideshow gets it ALL wrong and I worry if we'll ever get a classic version of the character because of initial sales numbers. Deathstroke is a perfect example of this. Sideshow missed so badly with the Deathstroker PF that I fear we may never see a classic Perez Deathstroke PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote