Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-25-2022, 10:50 PM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

I also have to say I like watching the back story to Mon Mothma. Watching it unfold is pretty interesting.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:56 PM   #102
Augen
The Hulk

To me Andor is a testament that while we love well known characters (yes I'm excited for Ahsoka series) that if you have passionate talented people on a project can make people care.

I feel like when this show is done Rogue One is going to hit me so much harder as my one critique of that film was didn't have time to really feel the great ending.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #103
Python
Omega Red

I loved it, I'm eating my words from the original announcement when I was wondering who'd want a show about Andor as it was announced alongside the (obviously way more exciting) book of Boba etc. Who'd have known it would be up there as the best thing Disney have made and would put Obi and Boba's shows top absolute shame.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #104
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Just watched the first three episodes last night. That third episode really ramps things up and I cannot wait to keep watching.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 03:58 PM   #105
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Just watched the first three episodes last night. That third episode really ramps things up and I cannot wait to keep watching.
If you liked the first three, you're going to love the last 3.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 04:30 PM   #106
ukshaun
Hercules

Last week I completed watching Andor

Admittedly it took 4 attempts to get through the 1st episode, as it failed to hold my attention. For some reason, once I cleared the 1st episode, I found episodes 2 onwards slow but enjoyable. I came way thinking 'that was so much more entertaining than Mandalorian Season 3..'.

As great as I found Andor to be, I did from time to time find myself questioning - does this really feel enough like Star Wars?
Sure there are moments that feature Tie fighters, some Stormtroopers, and I recall a brief moment featuring an Imperial Star Destroyer. Overall Andor feels way more serious compared to the likes of A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back to name a few.

Where Andor really shines is in it's cast. It's packed with talent.

The Prison moment. The moment when it feels like Andor the series is half way through. It felt like a stop, start, take a new direction moment, which was off-putting. It was not long before i grew to like (maybe 'like' is not the ideal word) the Prison scenes. Kino Loy (played by Andy Serkis) was excellent!

B2EMO the red droid was.. i was not sure what to make of it?
I might be bias. When it comes to Star Wars, i will always compare one droid to another, and R2-D2 with his bleeps/character will remain my no.1
Everytime B2EMO spoke, i was reminded time and time again of the unfortunate Stephen Hawking
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote