Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2022, 07:55 PM   #241
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Glad I didn?t order this. I was close to ordering it too at one time.

I?m done with Prime 1. I recently received a statue with two damaged head portraits and a broken leg, and when I asked for replacement parts on a $1,400 statue they said I could fix / repaint the head portraits myself, offered no resolution on repairing the broken leg and offered me $80 store credit.

Told them to close my account after I return it.
Rut Roh...

Nervously waiting for the sh*itshow if they mess up the 1/3 Jungle Hunter
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:03 PM   #242
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Edit
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:08 PM   #243
Biggunz
Loki

Looks horrible! Such a pity
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 11:44 PM   #244
In Vino Veritas
Doh!

Angry disappointing to say the least

How can you go from Sauron to this?
And to think we have been waiting so long for this type of quality.
I would rather they scratch this and delay for another year. Let me take another drink and look at it again.
In Vino Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:20 AM   #245
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Rut Roh...

Nervously waiting for the sh*itshow if they mess up the 1/3 Jungle Hunter
My finger's been hovering over the cancellation button since they ran out of replacements for the Big Chaps that were damaged in transit. What a joke. People talk smack about Sideshow, but I'll say this for them: their customer service is solid. What's Prime 1's redeeming quality?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 03:15 AM   #246
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

The production head sculpt has gone down a rung, but even the prototype wasn’t great to begin with. Given the average prototype sculpt I was hoping that they would be able to match it, but unfortunately not.

I current only have Peacemaker on preorder (plus Joker bust). Here’s hoping that given there’s no unmasked head sculpt it shouldn’t be too noticeable with regards to the expected quality drop. But no matter how bad it turns out, it’ll still be better than Hot Toys 1/6 prototype. Now that was horrendous.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #247
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I canceled this and the urk hai berserker I just don?t wanna take a chance with the the final product coming out well under 50% from the prototype and I was able to get a full refund on both so I said why not I?m not gonna lose anything but I have lurtz on pre Order but I might cancel that later prime 1 is just too risky right now I don?t know what?s going on with them the 4 pieces I have are near perfect and very close to there prototypes

I?m probably gonna keep a look out for what infinity studio does with lord of the rings so far I like what they?ve shown I rather spend the extra money and get the near perfect quality over taking a gamble on the obvious shortcuts prime ones been dysking lately with some of there statues
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:54 AM   #248
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really like the base and the pose but yeah the face looks nothing like Viggo. i feel bad for people who are deep in this line already and were hoping to finally have a good Aragorn.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:43 PM   #249
In Vino Veritas
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
This is pissing me so much!!! I have this whole line on order. Sauron and Balrog are amazing...now we having this face sculpt which look awful man....I was already picturing everything together..now this ---- meee
Ya, this a complete downgrade after the release of Sauron and Balrog. Aragorn is a grail character and deserves much better than this.
In Vino Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:50 PM   #250
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It's a poor likeness, but otherwise the statue still looks great to me. I would actually prefer an interpretation of Aragorn not based off the films, so the final sculpt isn't an issue to me at all.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote