Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #1
XSE
Nightwing

Uncanny X-Men

Is anyone reading this mess Rosenberg is putting out? He kills a character practically every issue. He’s decimated the classic New Mutants line up and several of the kids from Kyle/Yost’s New X-Men, not to mention Banshee (again), Juggernaut, and I’ve actually lost count of the bodies he’s dropped. Hickman cannot take over soon enough! I hope this last run is just completely retconned into oblivion. I had such high hopes for his run because he claims to be such a fan of the X-Men .....smh...I’d hate to see what he’d have done if didn’t “respect” the characters and history of the X-Men.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I actually have been liking Rosenberg's run. He has been killing off a lot of characters but the majority of the ones he has been killing off have been ones that I have never cared for.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I haven't picked up an X-book in a while because I am so damn lost at to what to read/when and what-ties-into-what.

BUT I went in my LCBS this weekend and start a pull list for House of X and Power of X. A clean restart is what I needed.

Did they really "kill" Juggernaut??
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I haven’t read the issue yet but I don’t think juggernaut was so much killed as he was de-powered but I am going to read it sometime today or tomorrow
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
XSE
Nightwing

SPOILER

In the last issue the X-Men were attacked by ONE and the general depowered Illyana and apparently “her mutant side is all that holds the demon in check” she becomes a pure demon rips The Cytorak gem out of Juggernaut and as he’s withering away she throws him through a portal to Limbo. Banshee got stepped on, and I can’t remember who else died but when the groups get back together Moonstar says something to Cyclops like “we will talk later” which is problematic since she’s also in the Age of X-Man books and everyone believes those mutants to be dead.

It’s just a mess and I say this as someone who has an entire run of Uncanny from issue #1 to this present mess, and whil I haven’t always enjoyed or loved the stories, this is the first time I’ve considered actually dropping the main X-Men title.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well on the plus side, XSE -- the giant reboot might keep you reading. It's brought me back!

I will probably get an digital account and read back issues of all the craziness because no way can I invest in the paper versions
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote