Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #31
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Unfortunately there's quite a few actors who pretty much always play the same character. IMDb even has a list of them http://www.imdb.com/list/ls056923532/
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #32
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i had no interest in this movie before this announcement but jared leto as joker is an awesome pick! that dude is a great actor. and grabbing will smith is a great pick up IMO - his action movies are usually great!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #33
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The actors want to get paid so they sign. I just hope the script is well done or we have yet another movie release with a strong 1 or 2 weeks then forgotten.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #34
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
I really don't like the way DC is going about doing these movies. They're jumping straight into doing team movies without first setting up the back-story of these characters with their own movies.

I realise that a decent percentage of people here will already know the origins of many of these characters, but the vast general population will not. Therefore a large amount of the movie will be spent doing rushed origins with lacklustre content.

DC should've copied Marvel's route and at least done a movie or two on the Origin of each of the main characters before throwing them into a team.
Agree. Let's see how these pan out.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #35
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i think having individual movies for the characters in marquee teams ie Avengers / Xmen / Justice League makes sense. But not for B / C teams like suicide squad.

Only character i would have any interest in seeing a standalone movie for would be Harley Quinn. Would anyone want to see a Boomerang or Rick Flagg movie?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #36
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post

DC should've copied Marvel's route and at least done a movie or two on the Origin of each of the main characters before throwing them into a team.
They did. I'm pretty sure this movie is only happening because of the success of GotG.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #37
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
i think having individual movies for the characters in marquee teams ie Avengers / Xmen / Justice League makes sense. But not for B / C teams like suicide squad.

Only character i would have any interest in seeing a standalone movie for would be Harley Quinn. Would anyone want to see a Boomerang or Rick Flagg movie?
Think about it this way, the Christopher Nolan Batman movies are not part of these DC universe movies. That Warner Brothers Batman trilogy is completely independent to what we're going to be seeing. That trilogy is over and that Batman is finished, we now have a new actor and new Batman.

Therefore the first movie we see Batman in is now Batman v Superman, with no prior independent Batman movie.

The first movie we see Joker in is a Suicide Squad movie. I remind you that this joker will be nothing like the one in the Nolan movies, therefore we will see Joker in a suicide squad movie before we even see him in anything else.

This is like making Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox as the first movie someone has ever seen of a DC characters.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #38
SONICobra
Batman

im going to be pissed if oprah gets the waller gig
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #39
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah that would suck.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #40
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seeing a lot of "standalone film" suggestions. Is that really necessary here?

I can only assume the origins of these characters, and why they were selected for the Squad will be thoroughly addressed. Even if that's not the case, GotG pretty much proved that a team-up film doesn't require pre-established characters in order to be successful.

The prospect of seeing Harley and a new representation of the Joker on the big screen is enough to get me excited for both this project, and subsequent potential tie-ins.

Oprah, on the other hand, needs to stay far far away from that Waller role.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote