Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #21
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Michael Bay is such an arrogant ass. Its infuriating to hear him talk down to everyone, belittling hardcore fans and having the general attitude that he always knows best.
H.B. have you ever had the chance to meet and talk to him ... just curious

I respect your opinion and all its just a bit surprising to me that he is that severe
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
H.B. have you ever had the chance to meet and talk to him ... just curious

I respect your opinion and all its just a bit surprising to me that he is that severe
No, I have not. My opinion is based on what he publicly says in interviews, his general attitude towards fans of the material he is bringing to the screen and the numerous reports of his hubris from people who have worked directly with him on multiple productions.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #23
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I will wait and see what happen maybe the new origin it's some aliens experimenting on animals that doesn't sound bad IMO
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #24
Veritas
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
No, I have not. My opinion is based on what he publicly says in interviews, his general attitude towards fans of the material he is bringing to the screen and the numerous reports of his hubris from people who have worked directly with him on multiple productions.
Never met the guy, but I've heard and read the same, so, similarly my opinion is the same.

Just because it makes money, and costs money to make, doesn't make it a quality flick. 2/3 of those movies listed are garbage. He gets a blank check to make these films and cares very little for the source material. He's arrogant and condescending- seriously, what makes you think you know best?

The TF films were entertaining, but not great, and certainly not accurate... Honestly, the best part of the series was the nostalgia of hearing Optimus' voice. Period.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #25
Spazzy
Hercules

read about this yesterday, very idiotic idea. I am a big Turtle fan even up to a few years ago I had many of the original toys (60+ figs moc, 50-60 vehicles playsets MISB) now I downsized to just the SS statues which are great, it is a beloved license I grew up with and hate the change, hopefully with all this negativity they will change their minds. Turtle fans are very pissed about this
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the major flaw in Bay's logic is he truly believes the best barometer for a film's success is it's box office popularity. As long as he gets asses in the seats he was right, damn what anyone else thought or thinks. He knows best because his ideas make money. Period.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

For him to tell fans to "chill" just shows his arrogant disregard for the people who pay his bills: the audience.
Sure, people will still go see it.. but the fans who grew up with the material CERTAINLY shouldn't be told to "shut the f#ck up", which is basically what his "chill" implied.

He's made a few good movies; technically, in the grand scheme of things, his track record's about as good as M. Night Shamallama's, only with a larger library.... similar decent film:utter dreck ratio.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
Michael Bay is not the greatest of course but he's not terrible either the man deserves some credit.

Lets see list of his accomplishments

1995 Bad Boys
1996 The Rock
1998 Armageddon
2001 Pearl Harbor
2003 Bad Boys II
2003 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2005 The Amityville Horror
2005 The Island
2006 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
2007 The Hitcher
2007 Transformers
2009 The Unborn
2009 Friday the 13th
2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street
2011 I Am Number Four
2011 Transformers: Dark of the Moon
2012 The Hauntrepreneur
2013 Pain & Gain (Pre-Production)
2014 Transformers 4 (announced)
TBA Teenage Mutant

You mine to tell me none of these Movies are or will be in someones Movie Library or Blu-Ray Collection ... come on who are you kidding

Especially Bad Boys 1, & 2 The Rock, Armageddon, The Island, and the Transformers Series
I have seen none of these films at the cinema, nor rented them, I do not own them. The only ones I have seen are Transformer 1 & 2 when they finally appeared on tv

He destroyed Transformers so why not destroy TMNT

And you forgot Team America: World Police!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #29
turtlesforever
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Listen guys. Kevin Eastman is working on it with him. And he is NOT directing. I'm pissed about aliens stuff but let's keep out hopes up for a new turtle phenom Yo start all over. Im looking on the bright side. Even though it is hard when you hear stuff like this.
turtlesforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #30
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

By "from an alien race" maybe he means that Krang (who was always an alien) experimented on various Earth animals, mutating them as he did so.

Voila - we get Mutant Ninja Turtles still (just mutated by aliens instead of human radioactive waste), and also Bebop and Rocksteady :0D
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote