Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Tony Perna

Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Marvel's Greatest Heroes

Some new sketch cards that I drew for Rittehouse's new card set Avengers: Marvel's Greatest Heroes.

Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

Nice job! Why does Hulk's say Founding Members - but his is the only one?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Nice job! Why does Hulk's say Founding Members - but his is the only one?
He's one of 5 Founding Members subset cards that I drew. I will be posting more later.

I also drew an Avengers vs Masters of Evil subset too.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
rychehitman
Galactus

Great stuff Tony!

But Spiderwoman is hardly a great hero! :P

and for that matter the Hulk really did nothing to help form or build the Avengers franchise.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Great stuff Tony!

But Spiderwoman is hardly a great hero! :P

and for that matter the Hulk really did nothing to help form or build the Avengers franchise.
What are you talking about?!?!? The Hulk is the REASON all the heroes got together in the first place!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
statman
Baron Zemo

Hey! Where's the coolest Avenger, Iron Man?!?

Nice work Tony!!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
What are you talking about?!?!? The Hulk is the REASON all the heroes got together in the first place!
that whole concept has been so twisted over the years....

the Hulk was the THREAT that the other heroes gathered to squash! Yes, Loki was manipulating everything...but once that was revealed and the Hulk assisted in defeating him...what did he do? what relevance did he have?

Using this logic….if you call 911 and falsely report that I have a bomb vest on as I am sitting at a train station…and several units respond to the call…if the responders confront me and I am able to reveal to them that you are the one that made the false call and I am innocent…then the responders decide to all join forces and answer future terrorist calls together…am I a member of that team? Even if I storm off like a child after the first meeting? 30 years later I am going to be called a “founder” of the super terrorist response group?

Really?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Stop blowing this out of proportion. Hulk is listed as a founding member by the Marvel database. Yes, everyone has different opinions.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
that whole concept has been so twisted over the years....

the Hulk was the THREAT that the other heroes gathered to squash! Yes, Loki was manipulating everything...but once that was revealed and the Hulk assisted in defeating him...what did he do? what relevance did he have?

Using this logic….if you call 911 and falsely report that I have a bomb vest on as I am sitting at a train station…and several units respond to the call…if the responders confront me and I am able to reveal to them that you are the one that made the false call and I am innocent…then the responders decide to all join forces and answer future terrorist calls together…am I a member of that team? Even if I storm off like a child after the first meeting? 30 years later I am going to be called a “founder” of the super terrorist response group?

Really?
By your logic - Thor is the only real founding Avenger - as he's the only one who dealt with the real threat. The rest of the heroes mistakenly attacked an innocent.

Sorry, but like it or not he is the reason all the heroes got together and he is a founding member.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Stop blowing this out of proportion. Hulk is listed as a founding member by the Marvel database. Yes, everyone has different opinions.
Just trying to keep the thread moving...not derail or take away from the fantastic art!

Quote:
By your logic - Thor is the only real founding Avenger - as he's the only one who dealt with the real threat. The rest of the heroes mistakenly attacked an innocent.

Sorry, but like it or not he is the reason all the heroes got together and he is a founding member.

No, Tony and Hank are the originators of the concept. Thor went along for the ride as did Jan. When Cap Joined he became the third "founder" of the spirit of the team. Rick Jones was more of a founder than the Hulk.