Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #81
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Can't F'in wait!!

They don't need to tell me Baby Groot stole my heart. He has already had it since the end of Vol. 1
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #82
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Can't F'in wait!!

They don't need to tell me Baby Groot stole my heart. He has already had it since the end of Vol. 1
I know. I can't wait either. I am disappointed that they didn't share anything with non-attendees though. Quite frankly all these releases from GotG2 and Homecoming make me sense that Marvel Studios knows they got completely overlooked by folks due to the volume of video released by WB.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #83
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yet, something tells me that Marvel doesn't care because they know they have done the movies justice and fans will be there in droves.

WB NEEDS to sell their movies to me. So far, only WW has me needing to spend my time and $$ in the theatre. Meanwhile, I will be at GOTG2, Black Panther, Homecoming and any other movie without ever needing to see a trailer.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #84
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Stallone confirmed for GoTG2
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/...-galaxy-vol-2/

Quote:
The new Guardians of the Galaxy movie just got a major boost of starpower. A trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 showed a brief clip of Sylvester Stallone, confirming that the Rocky actor would appear in the film.

Gunn confirmed that Stallone was in the movie in a Facebook post talking about his Hall H experience, noting that working with the actor was an amazing experience, considering he used to pretend to be Rambo as a kid. "Who does he play?" Gunn wrote on Facebook. "Well, I can’t reveal that quite yet… but we do see him interacting with Yondu in the teaser."

There are conflicting reports as to what Stallone was wearing in the clip, as Deadline reports that Stallone was dressed in a Nova Corps uniform, but other reports indicate he was in Ravagers gear.

Stallone will join his Tango and Cash co-star Kurt Russell (who was just confirmed as Ego the Living Planet) in the film.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is written and directed by James Gunn and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, and Kurt Russell.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #85
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yet, something tells me that Marvel doesn't care because they know they have done the movies justice and fans will be there in droves.

WB NEEDS to sell their movies to me. So far, only WW has me needing to spend my time and $$ in the theatre. Meanwhile, I will be at GOTG2, Black Panther, Homecoming and any other movie without ever needing to see a trailer.
Totally. Marvel has the benefit of a flawless track record and new ravenous fanbase.They have positioned that IP to be in the same place that only the likes of Star Wars is.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:52 PM   #86
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I agree that Marvel Studios has a much better track record and I'm already committed to seeing all the remaining movies in phase three, but I'm sure some people here would argue against saying they have a flawless track record.

Personally, I would not rate any of the past Marvel Studios films lower than a 6/10. The two movies in DC's new shared universe on the other hand, average a 5.5/10 rating from me.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #87
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Totally. Marvel has the benefit of a flawless track record and new ravenous fanbase.They have positioned that IP to be in the same place that only the likes of Star Wars is.
I wouldn't say flawless, Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were pretty bad.... But the rest of Marvels movies have been pretty much home runs...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #88
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Teaser Poster.

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #89
SONICobra
Batman

great poster, really looking forward to this one
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #90
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Sneak Peek - YouTube
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote