Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-24-2016, 12:52 PM   #141
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I am ok with Brie as the Captain Marvel. I'm interested as to who the director will be. Also curious as to the what the character design will look like. The comic book outfit I think looks terible and the masked mohawk is really bad.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #142
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why is everybody hating on Brie? She has all of the desires of a Captain/Ms Marvel. She is beautiful, can act, and I don't believe is stunt casting as she is just a solid fit. I think she will be a great addition to the Marvel Movie U.

I'm just curious as to the costume. With the title being "Captain Marvel", I don't think we will get the iconic black/lightning bolt uni. I was never much of a fan of the red/gold one so I hope they go with this current look, but keep her long hair. She could always transition to a fun Mohawk/one side shaved later in the series.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:30 AM   #143
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I think most people on here think its a good casting decision. I know i have read some crap on the internet but what would does people know
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:29 AM   #144
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I am ok with Brie as the Captain Marvel. I'm interested as to who the director will be. Also curious as to the what the character design will look like. The comic book outfit I think looks terible and the masked mohawk is really bad.
Captain Marvel got rid of the mask and fauxhawk awhile ago. She has a more conventional short hairstyle now.

ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #145
gomur
The Tick

Solid casting yet again. I haven't seen much of her work, but I did see her in "Room". Talented actress.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #146
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

http://www.newsarama.com/31705-capta...-director.html

Captain Marvel will be the MCU's "strongest" character? Really? Over The Hulk? Over Thor? I know she's a powerhouse, but not stronger than these two, certainly.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:34 PM   #147
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

Captain Marvel will be the MCU's "strongest" character? Really? Over The Hulk? Over Thor? I know she's a powerhouse, but not stronger than these two, certainly.
I would think they mean strongest as in overall power set rather than brute strength. Kinda like how the Silver Surfer, with the Power Cosmic, is probably one of the strongest Marvel comics characters.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:35 PM   #148
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

More PC crap. It's the age we live in and we'd better get used to it, because it's not gonna go away for quite awhile, if ever. The fact is, she's never been stronger than the Hulk, the Juggernaut, Gladiator, Thor, etc. But, she will be now, because they want her to be. Throw out all of the years of history and just forget about it. It's revisionist history that counts now.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:37 PM   #149
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
I would think they mean strongest as in overall power set rather than brute strength. Kinda like how the Silver Surfer, with the Power Cosmic, is probably one of the strongest Marvel comics characters.
Then they should say, most powerful yet introduced or something. "Strongest" means brute strength to most people when they hear it
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:23 AM   #150
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

With Marvel's extreme shift of many of their classic male characters to females in their comics I'm not surprised by this revisionist declaration in the least.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote