Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
Parallax
Nightwing

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse?

Kevin Feige confirmed at San Diego Comic Con that Doctor Strange will introduce the multiverse into Marvel.

"What the comics did was, they brought with Doctor Strange an extra dimension into psychadelia, mysticism, and spirituality and all these very 60's things and broke open the Marvel comic book universe into the Marvel multiverse. I think 'Doctor Strange' is going to be the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse. It's really serving the same function that the comic did."

This takes me back to a quote from Charlie Cox about how Marvel Studios and Marvel TV are separate, so if Daredevil is introduced in the movies, it won't necessarily be Charlie Cox playing him. It's being rumored that the multiverse concept will be used to bring Daredevil and Ghost Rider into the movies since Marvel TV has the current versions on lockdown. I'm down for this idea. I want to see a legitimate Daredevil in the MCU. I want the lawyer by day justice by night Daredevil who's friends with Spider-Man and loves what he does. I don't even care what kind of crap they have to pull to bring in a new Daredevil, I just want them to do it. If they're also doing Ghost Rider, I'd prefer Johnny Blaze for the movies.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #2
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

That blows.... since Charlie Cox is a perfectly good DD.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #3
Parallax
Nightwing

I don't like his Daredevil. Nothing against him, it's all on the way they handle the show. It's so grounded in reality that it's not the same character. It's like Nolan Batman to me. Nothing against it, I understand that people like it, but I can't get into it. I want to see my hero from the comics. Just like Ben Affleck took Batman from realistic grounded Bale Batman to the comic style Batman, I want to see that with Daredevil. Affleck's Daredevil did a good job of showcasing the character's skills. He is more than just a fighter, which is all we really get from Netflix. I want to see him flying around the city. I want to see the bright red suit with horns. I want to see the happier personality and super talented lawyer. The show cuts a lot of that out to be practical and real and I can't get behind it. I'm really looking forward to the possibility of a new Daredevil. Just seeing a comic Daredevil in one movie would make me so happy.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:52 AM   #4
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Affleck DD was closer to the MCU tone. Just sayin'.

I'd love to see Charlie DD face off with Evans Cap. Would be fun while it lasted.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
Parallax
Nightwing

Yes it was. I like Affleck Daredevil more than the Netflix show. It might not be the most well written superhero movie, but it portrayed Daredevil very accurately.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
Babytoxie
Ghost

Did someone say "multiverse"? Then bring on Captain Britain and The Fury!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
Parallax
Nightwing

I'm 99% certain that Captain Britain is getting a TV series.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #8
Y3E
Gen 13

It would be cool to see Marvel vers of DD, especially if they do the crazy rooftop jumping, similar to Spiderman city swinging.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
Parallax
Nightwing

Daredevil is one of my favorites and seeing him portrayed correctly would be incredible. I want to cry when I see my heroes in live action.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I don't like his Daredevil. Nothing against him, it's all on the way they handle the show. It's so grounded in reality that it's not the same character. It's like Nolan Batman to me. Nothing against it, I understand that people like it, but I can't get into it. I want to see my hero from the comics. Just like Ben Affleck took Batman from realistic grounded Bale Batman to the comic style Batman, I want to see that with Daredevil. Affleck's Daredevil did a good job of showcasing the character's skills. He is more than just a fighter, which is all we really get from Netflix. I want to see him flying around the city. I want to see the bright red suit with horns. I want to see the happier personality and super talented lawyer. The show cuts a lot of that out to be practical and real and I can't get behind it. I'm really looking forward to the possibility of a new Daredevil. Just seeing a comic Daredevil in one movie would make me so happy.
I am sorry but..what kind of Daredevil comics are you talking about? I'm totally bewildered by your comments.

Quote:
Yes it was. I like Affleck Daredevil more than the Netflix show. It might not be the most well written superhero movie, but it portrayed Daredevil very accurately.
Are you kidding, right?

Quote:
Daredevil is one of my favorites and seeing him portrayed correctly would be incredible. I want to cry when I see my heroes in live action.
What do you mean "correctly"? Netflix's Daredevil is the closest thing ever to the character. Have you read any of the Frank Miller's pieces of work? The grittiness of his stories are well represented in the show. In my opinion, maintaining the likeness with the source material should be the standard and not the exception.

You say that BVS is the closest thing to the comics and I totally disagree. Zack Snyder's reimagining of Batman and Superman is completely off. It does not represent what the characters have been all about in their 75 years of existence. On the other hand, Marvel has done a better job representing its classic characters and their personal traits. Netflix's Daredevil is not exception. His world has always been dark. He lives in Hell Kitchen for crying out loud. His enemies have always been in the dark corners and the underbelly of society. They are not nice people. The grittiness of the show is a clear statement of that.

Again, I am sorry but I cannot see eye to eye with you and your statements. We totally disagree on principle. In my opinion, you need to read Daredevil comics from the beginning. Starting from the 60's.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote