Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #111
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
They have to do something with the base though. I don't get why some have nice bases and others plain. Where that decision happens. It's not for the uniformity of the line either like the Street Fighter line (at least so far with that).
That's one of my main gripes at well. Some bases are awesome, then you get the plain black/clear blue ones that just look, I hate to say it, cheap. The non-uniformity you mentioned too, makes me crazy.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #112
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Who cares about the base, the statue itself is amazing. They could sell this Jubilee statue as is, and I would buy it. The base is an after thought to me. I am spending 64.99 (in most cases) for the statue of the character, not what useless extras it comes with or the base design. Personally I wish Kotobukiya would've went with the plain black base for all of them, would've looked more uniform on a shelf and focused completely on the statues like the Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Wars, and ARTFX+ statues bases do.
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #113
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato1381 View Post
Personally I wish Kotobukiya would've went with the plain black base for all of them, would've looked more uniform on a shelf and focused completely on the statues like the Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Wars, and ARTFX+ statues bases do.
Although I can appreciate the consistency with one type of base, I think Kotobukiya has a lot of potential with the design. Case in point...the latest Psylocke X-Force base. It compliments the figure quite nicely and imo is one of the best bases they've done so far...without bumping up the price tag.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #114
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Although I can appreciate the consistency with one type of base, I think Kotobukiya has a lot of potential with the design. Case in point...the latest Psylocke X-Force base. It compliments the figure quite nicely and imo is one of the best bases they've done so far...without bumping up the price tag.
I agree with ya on that Hanky Panky, and that is the thing though. If they were all like the Psylocke base I probably would change my story and want all the bases to be unique and compliment the character. Recent releases after Psylocke make me wonder if they are stopping with ultra detailed bases, since Armored Wonder Woman (just a clear blue base) and Spider-Woman (a black base with a spiderweb design on top), are pretty simple. Either way I am buying them, so any complaint I have is clearly not affecting me that much, HA!!
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #115
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato1381 View Post
Recent releases after Psylocke make me wonder if they are stopping with ultra detailed bases, since Armored Wonder Woman (just a clear blue base) and Spider-Woman (a black base with a spiderweb design on top), are pretty simple. Either way I am buying them, so any complaint I have is clearly not affecting me that much, HA!!
Heheh...same here my man. I mean it is a secondary thought to the overall figure, but it does make me wonder what warrants a plain vs. detailed base from Koto.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #116
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

When Koto makes good bases for Psylocke, Batgirl, and others. Teases a good one for Spider-Woman. Then goes back on it. Passes on making the simple bricks of Cammy's stage for her base. I want to know why these things are happening. Is it a matter of cost? Some penny pincher sitting around thinking if this doesn't sell that's his/her job? Or that the price will go up by a few dollars and stop the statue from selling an extra xxx units?
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:53 AM   #117
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just ran across a couple more shots on a Koto staff blog:
http://ameblo.jp/dannyrose/page-7.html#main
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #118
khrisc
The X-Men

Koto do something about the plain base please!!
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #119
dechirico7
The Flash

I've wanted a Jubilee piece for a LONG time. But I have to pass on this one. She is cute, but I was hoping for what we saw in the illustration. I was really excited, but with so much being eliminated off the piece, it just isn't worth it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #120
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Same here. I was expecting it will be the same as what the illustration provided, they should have added the additional details on the base.
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote