Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Well I would love to go Ballistic, I was on hold for 2.5hrs today before I gave up.
I would have just called back and asked for a supervisor. I would not have even waited 5 minutes let alone 2 and a half hours. But I know that USPS call centers have problems. I can't remember if they told me or a friend this. I think I posted about it before. But one of their normal representatives actually said something like they could only answer three questions. After that you would have to call back. Talk about crazy.

And I've never heard of dropping stuff off and leaving it on the counter. Anyone could pick it up in a busy post office. I always get them to scan it. Or just have your postman take it. They have scanners in the truck just like UPS/FedEx.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Asking for a supervisor at the USPS gets you absolutely nowhere. I know, I've gone that route. They won't or can't do anything for you except refer you to their complaint department, which I'd imagine is just another dead end.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Asking for a supervisor at the USPS gets you absolutely nowhere. I know, I've gone that route. They won't or can't do anything for you except refer you to their complaint department, which I'd imagine is just another dead end.
Get the supervisor's supervisor then. I had a problem when a delivery confirmation wasn't confirmed as delivered. It was important and I had to get a supervisor at the post office of delivery to see what was going on. The normal people are just picking up a check. You have to get to the people who actually have some power.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Get the supervisor's supervisor then. I had a problem when a delivery confirmation wasn't confirmed as delivered. It was important and I had to get a supervisor at the post office of delivery to see what was going on. The normal people are just picking up a check. You have to get to the people who actually have some power.
The problem is there is no direct line to anyone capable or willing to take care of the customer on any satisfying level at the USPS. If you go to the physical Post Office like I did and have the head supervisor throw his arms up giving you a number to call to make a formal complaint and you don't even get to talk to a human when you call you've more or less hit a wall if they don't follow up.

Point is I don't think they care much because (much like the DMV) they're used to regular complaints and they don't have a vested interest in taking care of their customer base because they know at the end of the day their job and/or position isn't in jeopardy because of the monopoly they have.

Bottom line is the USPS is a poorly run business which losses money every year and if it wasn't for the fact that it's propped up by our government they'd be out of business.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I would have just called back and asked for a supervisor. I would not have even waited 5 minutes let alone 2 and a half hours. But I know that USPS call centers have problems. I can't remember if they told me or a friend this. I think I posted about it before. But one of their normal representatives actually said something like they could only answer three questions. After that you would have to call back. Talk about crazy.

And I've never heard of dropping stuff off and leaving it on the counter. Anyone could pick it up in a busy post office. I always get them to scan it. Or just have your postman take it. They have scanners in the truck just like UPS/FedEx.

When they pick it up at your house, they still don't scan it. They just throw it in the truck and let it get scanned at the sorting center.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The problem is there is no direct line to anyone capable or willing to take care of the customer on any satisfying level at the USPS. If you go to the physical Post Office like I did and have the head supervisor throw his arms up giving you a number to call to make a formal complaint and you don't even get to talk to a human when you call you've more or less hit a wall if they don't follow up.

Point is I don't think they care much because (much like the DMV) they're used to regular complaints and they don't have a vested interest in taking care of their customer base because they know at the end of the day their job and/or position isn't in jeopardy because of the monopoly they have.

Bottom line is the USPS is a poorly run business which losses money every year and if it wasn't for the fact that it's propped up by our government they'd be out of business.
When I got a hold of someone at the call center, they were concerned that my 13k package was out for delivery in another city. She put me on hold to call Chicago so they could look for it and she couldn't even get anyone to answer the phone.....LOL.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
Underdog07
Hercules

I have been shipping a lot lately and echo many of the concerns comments here.

The clerks don't seem to understand the ebay/USPS deal. I have had the discounted postage questioned several times with a "you need to pay more."

Scanning is also an issue. One office says not allowed to scan more than 2 packages without a form from the website. Again since this is through ebay there is no form. The other office refuses to scan similar to what others posted saying the receipt is the receipt no scanning allowed. Again, I think this is based off of USPS.com not ebay/Paypal.

Thankfully nothing has gotten lost or damaged in about 300 shipments over the last 2 years.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
Underdog07
Hercules

Have they found your Chicago bound package?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #19
jye318

they lost my package $400 statue, it's insured, but cost me three months to claim,and many phone calls.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Ive used them exclusively for years for hundreds of art packages .No problems yet. One package did get bent...
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote