Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 AM   #11
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
If he sees his name out there he would likely use that as an excuse to refuse to make any amends.
Def a possibility. They may also see it as bad press which could be very motivating.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #12
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Sometimes bad publicity is the only way the artist will do what they were paid to do.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

well, he responded to my message very promptly and seemed genuinely upset about the piece getting damaged. we seem to be working out a resolution. Once this is taken care of i'll go into more detail.
Titan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Sometimes bad publicity is the only way the artist will do what they were paid to do.

It's such a shame that it needs to get to this... Honestly, even if it does work out, I wouldn't necessarily feel all that reassured in pursuing something with that artist in the future. My sense is that these guys likely know full well what they're doing. It's so not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
If he sees his name out there he would likely use that as an excuse to refuse to make any amends.

I'd out him after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Def a possibility. They may also see it as bad press which could be very motivating.

It is a roll of the dice. However, I'm thinking one's reputation and future in the biz is worth more than taking off with one's person's commission money. It's not worth the bad press. Social media can be brutal.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
BillC
Hellboy

I'm all about crucifying these guys that rob fans, but I'm thinking saving that as last resort is best. People like Bill Sienk. or Pat Brod. apparently care little about the bad press. In that case, you're really screwed.

Like someone else said, how they react is a roll of the dice. That's why it's best to play nice first, then make a big stink if all else fails (and knowing when that is is a judgement call. No set in stone way to do this)
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote