Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #221
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yea thats strange. The newer ones have low ES's. That's good for those of us looking to buy. Not good for those sellers though.
Have you checked out the larger McFarlane figures? I decided to collect those instead. The likeness, portraits IMO are way better. Michonne is dead-on.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #222
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Have you checked out the larger McFarlane figures? I decided to collect those instead. The likeness, portraits IMO are way better. Michonne is dead-on.
I used to be a big McFarlane fan. I just cant collect figures. I thought about it with those and the Neca LOTR pieces. Same for Hot Toys. After collecting statues I gotta stick with that. Its just a personal preference.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #223
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I used to be a big McFarlane fan. I just cant collect figures. I thought about it with those and the Neca LOTR pieces. Same for Hot Toys. After collecting statues I gotta stick with that. Its just a personal preference.
I went from figures to statues. Was a statue snob for a while. But I started dipping back into figures again. Mainly because of the WD ones. They are so nice! I also collect Hot Toys which are amazing. I might switch to more Hot Toys soon. I wish they would do more female pieces.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #224
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I went from figures to statues. Was a statue snob for a while. But I started dipping back into figures again. Mainly because of the WD ones. They are so nice! I also collect Hot Toys which are amazing. I might switch to more Hot Toys soon. I wish they would do more female pieces.
Oh yea nothing against them. I used to have shelves and boxes of figures. But after having almost every Bowen piece, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas etc I have decided that my favorite pieces are 1/4 statues. So I have rededicated my collection to those.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #225
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Any interested in Maggie check out Gamestop for deals. Its not available online, but if there is a store near you its crazy selling for $65. Michonne as well.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #226
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Any interested in Maggie check out Gamestop for deals. Its not available online, but if there is a store near you its crazy selling for $65. Michonne as well.
I paid way more than that. What's with gamestop regular price of $129.97 which is way below Gentle Giants original price?
Some one must be making a loss.

It is good statue, that looks different to the one pictured (the factory changed the face for some reason?)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #227
ukshaun
Hercules

Checking out my statues today, I paid extra attention to Maggie Greene, probably because
I’ve returned this week to watching The Walking Dead (Season 5 to be precise). It really is
an excellent statue, that hasn’t aged a bit, and manages to look better than some of the
more recent reveals.

I remember when Maggie first showed up, and many were horrified by Gentle Giants
alterations when compared to the prototype. The eyes were larger, the skin colour darker,
and to top it all, the first image to appear had been taken by someone with mobile phone
camera holding it too close to Maggie’s face. A mini meltdown ensued.

Just thought I’d share
Old 01-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #228
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I still haven't even started on this line.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #229
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
I still haven't even started on this line.
I've assumed GG have stopped making anymore 1/4 statues for The Walking Dead. With a new series in the works, maybe there's a chance of more 1/4 statues. If you exclude busts, I think they created 6 characters in total.

Daryl Dixon
Glenn in Riot Gear
Maggie Greene
Sheriff Rick Grimes
Michonne Danai Gurira
Merle Dixon Walker
Old 01-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #230
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

If 1/4 scale is done for TWD, then GG should at least make them as a new 1/8th line. The characters could be endless and fans of the series would have plenty of room to display an entire collection of them.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote