Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Shipping art....

**begin rant**

Dear art shippers, please stop mailing loose art in flattened cardboard boxes. No matter how well the post office handles the package, chances are that the creases and folds from the box will make their way onto the art.

**end rant**
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	babisu2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	82754  
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Damn! So sorry to hear this bro. I hope it can be pressed so at least it will be flat again
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #3
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I so agree, it baffles me the terrible packaging some artists use and they try and blame the postman
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

thanks guys. i may show some examples of some packages that i've recieved that i consider to be good shippings.

this one was from an ebay seller. package itself came in undamaged but the art was slipped into this creased cardboard which made a big crease through the top of it.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That sucks, sorry to hear that.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #6
Corey A
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That's horrible. Worst I had one shipped to me just in a priority flat rate box, no sleeve, no backing, just the art board.
Corey A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i've had 3 issues so far, 1 i returned and the other two i kept but still annoying this has to happen because of poor packaging.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I recently had a deviant art commission shipped to me in a bubble envelope with no other stiffeners at all. Needless to say it did not arrive without creases. I emailed the artist and said that some kind of stiffener is "shipping art 101". He said that he always ships like that and has had no problems. Seemed like a nice enough guy, but also clueless about insuring the art gets there safely.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #9
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I just had a bad one yesterday.. A yellow envelope with just half of a priority box inside for packing. I got lucky and it was shipped local, so only a minor bend that could be flattened out.

I shipped a page today and I use 4 priority boxes. I put the art in plastic and tape it to one of the boxes. I then have 2 boxes underneath and 2 boxes on top. That seems to work very well but also makes it almost 3lbs to ship.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #10
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I haven't had any major issues other than a few corner creases where a piece has obviously been dropped in transit, actually I had one shipping tube that had been almost completely smashed but somehow the art survived without a scratch... weird.

I always get nervous with Australia Post as they don't offer a fragile post service and openly acknowledge that they are in no way responsibly for how packages are treated by their contract delivery personnel once the item leaves the post office.

I once was walking past a post delivery driver who was loading his van, he was throwing boxes and packages into the van with enough force they were hitting the other side of the van with a loud bang and then just tumbling to the ground. I made a formal complaint about that guy, they didn't really care.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote