Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #111
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixComicArt View Post
Happy Holidays from Felix Comic Art! Which means it’s time for our December episode!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/the-...017-roundtable

It’s a two-parter this month, with Part 1 being a roundtable from Rose City Comic Con 2017. Joining me is recurring guest Andy Robbins, along with returning guests, artists Nick Pitarra and Daniel Warren Johnson. We recap topics from previous episodes, as well as discuss current events in the hobby. And we also reveal the story behind the stolen David Mazzucchelli BORN AGAIN art from the David Mandel episode last year. You don’t want to miss this! This one is, as Nick Pitarra calls it, a spicy episode.

Part 2, then, features a visit with David Mandel, and his reaction to the resolution of his BORN AGAIN art saga. We also talk about a variety of other topics, including his thoughts on the explosive George Perez market, sketchbook commissions, and more. Please note, part 2 is an exclusive for our VIP listeners who have been kind enough to leave a review for us on iTunes. If you’ve done so already, check your e-mail for the invite link. Everyone else, leave a review so you don’t miss out on future exclusive content!

Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!
I got a message from you this morning that had a link to a not released to the public audio- for giving an itunes rating- then clicked on the link and the page didnt exist

?
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:21 AM   #112
FelixComicArt
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Contact me via e-mail, we'll get it sorted out.
FelixComicArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:04 AM   #113
FelixComicArt

Happy 2018! And welcome to the 26th edition of The Felix Comic Art Podcast!

This episode we review Batman art. Specifically modern Batman art. And most specifically, the Greg Capullo BATMAN #1 cover which sold for an astonishing $50K over the summer! Who better to discuss all this than premier modern Batman art collector, Kyle K.! Who also happens to be the buyer of that Greg Capullo cover.

We examine Batman art, old and new, as well as the state of the market and collecting in general. Kyle is one of the young collectors of comic art. If you want an idea of what the future of the hobby may look like, hear what Kyle has to say!

Part two of this edition is an episode of the Double Page Spread Podcast. I was invited on that show by host Wendi Freeman. We talk about art repping, Artist's Editions, emerging young artists, and more! Thanks to Wendi for having me on her show...check out her other episodes!

Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/
Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #114
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixComicArt View Post
Happy 2018! And welcome to the 26th edition of The Felix Comic Art Podcast!

This episode we review Batman art. Specifically modern Batman art. And most specifically, the Greg Capullo BATMAN #1 cover which sold for an astonishing $50K over the summer! Who better to discuss all this than premier modern Batman art collector, Kyle K.! Who also happens to be the buyer of that Greg Capullo cover.

We examine Batman art, old and new, as well as the state of the market and collecting in general. Kyle is one of the young collectors of comic art. If you want an idea of what the future of the hobby may look like, hear what Kyle has to say!

Part two of this edition is an episode of the Double Page Spread Podcast. I was invited on that show by host Wendi Freeman. We talk about art repping, Artist's Editions, emerging young artists, and more! Thanks to Wendi for having me on her show...check out her other episodes!

Off to listen to Kyle
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #115
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
Off to listen to Kyle
Me too. I usually wait until my commute home but I need to give this a listen now.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #116
FelixComicArt

The February episode of The Felix Comic Art Podcast is now up!:

It's a two-parter this month, with part one featuring Graphitti Designs founder/owner Bob Chapman! We cover the history of Graphitti, but focus mostly on original art (of course!) with special attention paid to their Gallery Edition line of books (similar to IDW's Artist's Editions). Hear the inside scoop on how these amazing volumes happen! Also, what about a Gallery Edition for David Mazzucchelli's BATMAN: YEAR ONE? Or the most influential manga of all time? Bob reveals all! Thanks Bob!

Thanks to Bob as well for his contribution to our Original Art Show & Tell series on YouTube!:

https://www.youtube.com/FelixComicArt

Part two is a tribute to the late, great Seth Fisher. Seth was a standout talent, on his way to becoming a superstar comics artist, when he left us far too soon. Joining me for this tribute are his brother Asa Wentzel-Fisher, artist Nick Pitarra, and artist (and Seth's best friend) Langdon Foss. Thanks to all three gents for sharing their insights about Seth and his art.

Which leads me to this announcement: Felix Comic Art is honored to assist the family of Seth Fisher in the sale of his original art. Seth's originals have never been easily accessible before; now his family has decided they are ready to share it with his fans. Most importantly, ALL proceeds from the sale of this art will be for the benefit of Seth's wife and son. Please sign up for the mailing list at www.felixcomicart.com to find out when this special art becomes available.

Thanks for your support and enjoy the show!

Last edited by MONSTER; 02-12-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: fixed the felix comic art link
Old 02-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #117
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

going to give it a listen on my way to work tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #118
FelixComicArt

The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back for March 2018, straight from Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcast.asp

My guest this episode is Rob Salkowitz. Rob is a columnist for Forbes Magazine, as well as the author of COMIC CON AND THE BUSINESS OF POP CULTURE. Rob is a longtime observer and commentator on the business of comics, and he’s also a comic art collector. We discuss the evolution of comics, as an art form and as a business, and how that impacts the original art market. Joining us is my permanent co-host whenever I’m in Seattle, Andy Robbins. Thanks to Rob and Andy for sitting down with me at the show!

In part 2, I catch up with Andy to see what he’s been up to.

This month is the fourth anniversary of Felix Comic Art. To celebrate, we have updated and upgraded our website. Go check out our new look at felixcomicart.com! I'm very excited about our new chat feature. We will hold regularly scheduled chats where you can ask anything on the topic of original art. We'll also be joined on occasion by collectors you've heard on the show, as well as our artists. It'll be a great way to learn more about the hobby, stay connected with fellow collectors, and get to know our talented crew of artists! if you're not able to participate, no worries, we will archive chat transcripts which you can read at your leisure.

Our website again is felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!
Old 04-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #119
FelixComicArt

Welcome to The Felix Comic Art Podcast, where we always keep it real! Even when we discuss fake art...which brings us to...

Those who follow us on social media saw that I recently had a homework assignment for podcast listeners: To watch the documentary ART AND CRAFT (now streaming on Amazon Prime). It's about the most notorious art forger of the last 30 years, Mark Landis.

The documentary shows Mark duping museums and institutions all over the US with his forged fine art. What the documentary doesn't address is how Mark got his start over 30 years ago: By forging original comic art.

In this episode, we get to talk to Mark directly about his comic art forgeries, and what resulted in the biggest fake art scandal in the history of the original comic art hobby.

Part two features former CFA-APA editor Benno Rothschild to share the other side of the story: The collectors who were duped in the scam. Benno also provides the inside scoop of what went down, as well as shares his thoughts on how we can avoid something similar again.

We close the show with a quick segment on my buddy Yams, who puts these shows together, and has become quite popular in his own right amongst our artists and guests. You'll hear more from Yams down the line.

Our website is www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list to stay on top of all announcements, new art, and exclusives! Follow us in Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcast.asp
Old 10-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #120
FelixComicArt

The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back!

Thanks to all who wrote in during our hiatus. We know you missed the show, and we missed doing it, too. Although we're only planning to resume a semi-regular schedule going forward, know that we'll get these out as often as we can. Thanks again to everyone for their encouragement.

My guest for our return show is Todd Hignite. Todd is Vice-President of Heritage Auctions, as well as an art rep for such important comics creators as Daniel Clowes, Jaime Hernandez, and Adrian Tomine. I've been looking forward to talking to Todd for a long time and he doesn't disappoint. We cover his career, the art market, Todd McFarlane-era collectors, as well as the many treasures that have been offered by Heritage, including the latest, Bernie Krigstein's classic EC story, "Master Race". We pack a lot into this hour, hope you enjoy!

Our website is felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes. We'll have a bonus episode out very soon just for iTunes reviewers with the inimitable Gene Park. We're glad to be back, thanks for listening!