Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #931
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Have to wait until tomorrow to get my War of Kings and Annihilation Conquest omni since packages from CGN always need to be signed for, and I'm always at work when USPS delivers. They sure have made some change from me last month!
Those will be great! I'm waiting until the Prelude comes out and then I will start my cosmic journey starting with Conquest.... I may even re-read Annihilation just to do it all over again!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #932
risingstar
Jedi Order

Reading Shang Chi Omni Vol 1... Read through issues 15-24 so far. Storyline is slower than I'd like and repetitive (i.e., Fu Manchu assassin of the month against Shang Chi) but the artwork is fabulous. However, I'm absorbing it all. It reads like Dracula, i.e., an endless chase.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #933
MrJones

Here's a question: How many of you go back for 2nd, 3rd or more readings of an Omnibus? Did you enjoy it as much? More?

Just curious. There are a couple I'd like to go back and read but they take me so long to get through that I've already established quite the backlog and of course more continue to be released. Not sure if I'll ever go back despite my intentions!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #934
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Here's a question: How many of you go back for 2nd, 3rd or more readings of an Omnibus? Did you enjoy it as much? More?

Just curious. There are a couple I'd like to go back and read but they take me so long to get through that I've already established quite the backlog and of course more continue to be released. Not sure if I'll ever go back despite my intentions!
I do on occasion. Primarily, I collect them and use them for quick reference. I do most of my reading digitally.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #935
MrJones

Now that is interesting! What made you go digital? I was reading comics on my tablet for awhile but once I switched back to books I can't even compare. I just love holding a book so much more.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #936
Davidian
Omega Flight

Yeah I'm curious too. I'd be afraid that once I went digital, my physical connection would just become a tireless burden. Lucky for me, I love having something physical in my hands for the money I spent.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #937
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post

No, never. I have way too much to read and way too little time. Once I am done, I move on to the next.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #938
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I opened up Alpha Flight & it is magnificent! Only problem is that on the opening page there is a sort of ri where you can see the white behind the thick black page so will have to see if I can get a replacement

Decent amount of extras too, MArvel Age's, articles from other magazines, pin-ups, etc

I'm surprised that the price for this at Amazon.com is still so high ($83 I think?) It normally is half price by now
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #939
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Never reread my omnis or books I have so much too read and not enough time!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #940
Penoy
Fantastic Four

I do, though it takes a while since there are so many others to go through. Sometimes when I rearrange I will pick one up and read and issue or so.
Penoy is offline   Reply With Quote