Old 04-15-2024, 10:18 PM   #481
vspectra
Doh!

They got her shape perfect

vspectra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:18 AM   #482
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Many seem to be of the opinion that the statue may be a tad curvier than she was in the movie.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:44 AM   #483
bimbocao
Frackin!

I see MP's face and body in that role at 99.9%
It's never happened to me before with any other JND piece (I always find some problem with their faces).

I know that many people believe that Prime 1's face is still superior or at least equal, but the glass eyes, silicone texture and a more accurate paint job, I think will make a difference with JND (not to mention the pose, body shape and costume details are much better in JND, like the whip and the cat).

The base may be quite simple in JND, but as Shoo says, those of us who have other MP figures got enough smiley cat, hello there and all that stuff. That diaphanous, elegant and simple base works for me.

My only complaint is that fence that prevents me from having a clear back shot of this figure. When I put her that position, my eyes will be distracted by seeing how well they made Miss Kitty's butthole, and that's not the point here xD
bimbocao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 02:18 AM   #484
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbocao View Post
That diaphanous, elegant and simple base works for me.
Major props on the use of diaphanous!

di-aph-a-nous
/dīˈafənəs/
adjective
(especially of fabric) light, delicate, and translucent.
"a diaphanous dress of pale gold"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbocao View Post
When I put it her that position, my eyes will be distracted by seeing how well they made Miss Kitty's butthole, and that's not the point here xD
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:49 AM   #485
Rauko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think the duo is fantastic. Luckily they'll have a hard time coming up with a back-to-back release for Penguin.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 02:25 PM   #486
StevenKyle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have so many Pfeiffer Catwomans, why not the option of just Selina too?

I have loads of Pfeiffer Catwoman statues and still the best likeness despite size is the Tweeterhead where she's stood on the cast head with her whip raised. It's superb. I would love to buy the Selina Kyle on her own and I don't know why it's not being offered. I also think they've done her face too rounded and not heart shaped enough. It's beautiful but she looks like she's had filler in her cheek bones lol.
Plus, out of all the costumes to pick, why not show her geeky secretarial look with the glasses? Or that beautiful white and black fur coat she wears when Bruce asks her out to his place? This is probably the most boring outfit of all the choices. I would love to see one of Bruce and Selina at the annual masquerade ball. Her hair and that dress! 😍
But at the moment I'd love to just buy the Selina Kyle figure, anyone think it'll be a possibility at all??
StevenKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:25 PM   #487
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenKyle View Post
I have loads of Pfeiffer Catwoman statues and still the best likeness despite size is the Tweeterhead where she's stood on the cast head with her whip raised. It's superb. I would love to buy the Selina Kyle on her own and I don't know why it's not being offered. I also think they've done her face too rounded and not heart shaped enough. It's beautiful but she looks like she's had filler in her cheek bones lol.
Plus, out of all the costumes to pick, why not show her geeky secretarial look with the glasses? Or that beautiful white and black fur coat she wears when Bruce asks her out to his place? This is probably the most boring outfit of all the choices. I would love to see one of Bruce and Selina at the annual masquerade ball. Her hair and that dress! ��
But at the moment I'd love to just buy the Selina Kyle figure, anyone think it'll be a possibility at all??
Nope. None.

And given the combined bases, it’s not the easiest thing to part out either when it hits the secondary market.

I think far more people wanted to order on their own just the Reeve Clark Kent or the Sean Connery, and both times we were left dissatisfied.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:01 PM   #488
Gollum
The Herculoids

JND have said that the duo bases are more popular

I’m not 100% sure this is right so many collectors would buy a

single Henry Jones, Clark Kent or Selina Kyle

I think JND are missing sales I certainly prefer the single bases

I don’t like the larger bases and would have definitely got Clark Kent

Do many there prefer the duo or single bases?
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 04:56 PM   #489
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Single base for me. Could be a good poll.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:25 PM   #490
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
JND have said that the duo bases are more popular

I?m not 100% sure this is right so many collectors would buy a

single Henry Jones, Clark Kent or Selina Kyle

I think JND are missing sales I certainly prefer the single bases

I don?t like the larger bases and would have definitely got Clark Kent

Do many there prefer the duo or single bases?
Imo if both pieces are good I would happy to go with the duo. But given that my reaction to a few of the duo’s that I’ve been interested in have been a bit lopsided, I think they should offer all options. But I just haven’t been happy with either their Reeve Superman or Indiana Jones. But I never had any interest in a civilian clothed MP Selina Kyle.