Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #41
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Not sure, but from what I read on PayPal there is a procedure for handling charge backs. Following the procedure and the long correspondence history with the eBaY Resolution Center will probably help my case if it ever comes to that.
Well hopefully he's in jail by then. I don't think he will be using his one phone call to call his credit card company
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Unbelievable I'm dreading ever having to sell any of my stuff on eBay. Really great that you are pursuing this though. Good luck and rip him a new one

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #43
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

You sell on Ebay long enough and you will run into a scammer.
It took me 12 years before I ran into two of them.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #44
bullhuh
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Awesome post. Give me some insight on things. I been selling on EBAY for a while and have not run into any issues yet. If that does every happen Ill have to keep this post in mind.
bullhuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #45
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
I just thank God I only have about 20 more pieces to relieve myself of before I can stop selling on the 'BaY.
You and me both, CB. I have maybe the same number (slightly higher, maybe) left that I'm legally required to sell, and then I'm done. I can settle back into rebuilding my collection (what I want to replace, anyhow), and buying on eBay instead of selling.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
Underdog07
Hercules

despite all the negatives, there really is no place like ebay to sell/buy things. Heck, go to a comic book show and look at prices charged for mediocre grade books - typically they are 2-3 times that of a similar book on ebay. And where else are you going to sell statues? Here? Unless you are giving it away, 97.34% of the people here have no interest. I mean, who amongst us hasn't gotten the PM -- "I want your Doom PF Ex. How's $80 shipped to the moon?"
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #47
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
despite all the negatives, there really is no place like ebay to sell/buy things. Heck, go to a comic book show and look at prices charged for mediocre grade books - typically they are 2-3 times that of a similar book on ebay. And where else are you going to sell statues? Here? Unless you are giving it away, 97.34% of the people here have no interest. I mean, who amongst us hasn't gotten the PM -- "I want your Doom PF Ex. How's $80 shipped to the moon?"
It's true! I couldn't sell 95% of my collection at local stores, even to guys who I count as friends of mine. And I've stopped buying comics at the conventions for the most part, except for reader copies for my kids (and sometimes to temporarily fill in holes in the collection). eBay prices are usually much, much lower.

For both liquidating and collecting, I'm still glad eBay is there, flawed as it may be.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #48
Spazzy
Hercules

unfortunately scamming happens, I ran into a handful over the past 14 years of buying/selling, very hard to deter them from your listing, hopefully it just runs smooth, I know with statues after I started marking them I haven't had ANY issues that couldn't be resolved easily. I can only recommend taking VERY detailed pics of the item you are selling and the packaging, and always add insurance just in case. Oh and paypal is a joke but they are all that is out there so not much choice.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #49
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

More eBay changes

Fall Seller Update

Dear kingofthehill78:

Over the past few years, you've gone above and beyond to provide the products and services buyers expect—and your efforts are paying off. With this, the second update of 2012, the focus is squarely on you. These updates will help you reach more of the fast-growing legions of ecommerce buyers drawn to eBay—this holiday season and beyond—and make your selling easier and more profitable.

New protections and rewards

New safeguards to keep a fair marketplace for sellers. Updates coming to eBay protection programs will benefit and protect you.

Buyers must contact you first through My Messages in My eBay before opening a Buyer Protection case starting in February to make sure you have the opportunity to resolve issues before eBay gets involved. Buyers will be required to wait three business days for you to respond and resolve the issue before they have the option of opening a case.

Open cases will no longer count. Also starting in February, having a case opened by a buyer will not be counted toward your performance rating—only those cases that are not found in your favor will be counted.

Reporting buyers who misuse the system is now faster and easier. Starting in October, a more accessible and enhanced reporting hub will make it easy for you to contact eBay directly to report buyers who violate eBay policies.
New Top Rated Plus seal highlights top services. The percentage of all eBay purchases that are from Top Rated sellers with tracking uploaded on at least 90% of their US transactions—and include 1-day handling and a 14-day or longer money-back return policy—is growing rapidly.

To help these listings stand out even more, starting in September, they will be highlighted with a new Top Rated Plus seal.

The current Top Rated seller badge will be retired.
New ways to showcase your items, boost sales

Maximize the power of eBay Fast 'N Free. When the eBay Fast 'N Free logo shows up for a buyer on listings, it delivers a solid boost in sales. For the logo to appear, you have to offer free shipping and the item must be estimated to arrive within 4 business days based on your item location, your buyer's location, your track record, and your carrier's track record for those locations. Starting the week of September 24, you'll be able to check your seller dashboard to see how many of your listings are qualifying for the eBay Fast 'N Free logo and how it's helping your sales.
More selling power for your listings

Sell more with more pictures! As of October 31, all listings will be required to include a picture. Other picture quality requirements originally announced in February will take effect in 2013 to give you more time to adopt: minimum 500 pixels on the longest side, no added text or borders, and no stock photos as the main image for used items.

Item condition notes set the right expectations. Starting the week of October 22, you'll have an optional new field to put details about the condition of your used items and have them displayed near the top of the item page where buyers are more likely to read them. This will help reduce both buyer questions and issues with buyer claims that an item is not as described.

Show your item location. Seeing a valid location in a listing inspires buyer confidence. Also starting the week of October 22, when you enter your valid zip code, your city and state will be automatically added to your listing.
Ending Auction-style listings early. Ending an Auction-style listing once it has a bid leads to disappointed shoppers who may be less inclined to bid on auctions the next time around. Starting October 1, a fee will be charged for ending an Auction-style listing early.
Boost sales with multi-variation listings. Selling different variations of an item in one multi-variation Fixed Price listing saves you money on fees, makes listing faster and easier, and encourages buyers to buy more.

Starting in October, you'll have more listing options—for example, easily add pictures for different variations and add a new variation to active listings, even those with sales.

Later this year, you'll have a new feature to identify your existing single variation listings and convert them to one multi-variation listing.
More communication power in My eBay Messages. Now you can attach up to five pictures through My Messages to help close the sale.
Category, item specifics, and catalog updates are now consolidated with other updates that may affect your selling. For many sellers these changes will mean reduced fees. Some categories are also being eliminated.
More information

Get details on the 2012 Fall Seller Update.

Use the Seller Checklist to stay on top of important dates.

Find out how you can update your listings quickly and efficiently with bulk editing tools.

For additional insight, you're also invited on July 24 to talk with members of my staff via a special discussion board we've set up for this purpose. Griff will also be discussing this announcement on eBay Radio on July 24, 11:00AM to 2:00PM PT. Join me and other leaders from eBay in a Town Hall meeting on July 25, 3:30PM to 5:00PM PT.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,
Michael Jones
Vice President
Merchant Development
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #50
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
and no stock photos as the main image for used items.
That's going to be interesting, unless they make an exception for pre-orders.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote