Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #31
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
That picture that was posted was from an Instagram story posted by Hellsbells_51, where he was asking/hoping for a comeback. HB is a long time collector and fan of BD. The story only lasts 24 hours so I can't point to it.

As Randy often does, he reposts pictures from various fans when they feature his statues.

Until Randy himself posts something definitive, I'm not believing anything written by anybody.
Thanks for the info. Is it possible RB didn't notice the #relaunch when he reposted then removed it when he saw the hoopla? ...or is that something he'd have to add himself? I'm not really up on IG.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #32
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Thanks for the info. Is it possible RB didn't notice the #relaunch when he reposted then removed it when he saw the hoopla? ...or is that something he'd have to add himself? I'm not really up on IG.
I'm pretty sure HB had the hashtag already in his post and Randy just didn't notice it. But even HB when commenting on the post acted as if the #relaunch hashtag was added by Randy. *shrug*

I'm one of the hopefuls that he'll come back basically doing the same thing. He has said that he doesn't want the grind of sculpting every day so I think he'll be more of running the business and artistically directing the sculptors, if he were to come back.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:24 AM   #33
Philintheblank

Quote:
I'm pretty sure HB had the hashtag already in his post and Randy just didn't notice it. But even HB when commenting on the post acted as if the #relaunch hashtag was added by Randy. *shrug*

I'm one of the hopefuls that he'll come back basically doing the same thing. He has said that he doesn't want the grind of sculpting every day so I think he'll be more of running the business and artistically directing the sculptors, if he were to come back.
Alright, have to wait and see I guess. Still have that impending announcement floating out there.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:06 PM   #34
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
That picture that was posted was from an Instagram story posted by Hellsbells_51, where he was asking/hoping for a comeback. HB is a long time collector and fan of BD. The story only lasts 24 hours so I can't point to it.

As Randy often does, he reposts pictures from various fans when they feature his statues.

Until Randy himself posts something definitive, I'm not believing anything written by anybody.
Hmph. I got this from Randy’s post on his personal FB page. Didn’t know he reposted from someone else.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So I have a question because I don't usually collect busts:

I know there are full size Bowen busts and then there are mini-busts. Is there always a Mini-bust version of a full size version?

Can anybody explain to me the size difference?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:21 PM   #36
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I know there are full size Bowen busts and then there are mini-busts. Is there always a Mini-bust version of a full size version?

They're all "mini" busts. He didn't do anything else, not with the Marvel items anyway. He released some larger busts but they were characters like Surtur, Eternity, Bi-Beast. They were all around 1/8 scale.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:25 PM   #37
adee
Green Arrow

I vaguely remember the older busts being head and shoulders before going to half statues. To this day l don’t know why they’re ‘busts’ just because they have no legs.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #38
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I vaguely remember the older busts being head and shoulders before going to half statues. To this day l don’t know why they’re ‘busts’ just because they have no legs.
Sounds better than half statues, I'm guessing.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #39
MKS
Nightwing

The MB’s were mostly unique sculpts specific to the bust and not cut down fullsized pieces. They started as armless but evolved to be more dynamic including arms.

Quote:

MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:21 PM   #40
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

Quote:

At first there were the busts with no arms, these are called "Museum busts".
Then there was the full bust with arms, these became the standard. Occasionally a museum bust would get made.
There was the full scale statues that came in two styles, "action" (something with a more dynamic pose) or museum which was a very static pose of the character standing.
In the beginning when Bowen started to release statues there was a smaller "mini-statue" which was the same as the museum statue but much smaller, about 1/4 the statue size - more like an action figure. I don't think they sold very well so they stopped producing those.
The_Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote