Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-14-2021, 03:44 PM   #61
SONICobra
Batman

yeah they can keep the light up but its nice to see theyre listening to the notes about the cheesy explosion...
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:42 AM   #62
Y3E
Gen 13

If SS had distributed this I would have pre-ordered.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #63
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I love the individual sculpts on this. I wish they'd make 1/4 statues for each character. I can't believe Spider-Gwen hasn't gotten more love in this hobby. She's a female character with a cool costume so it seems like a no-brainer.
She debuted in 2014. The fact she already has pieces and was in the animated film speaks volumes about a modern meteoric rise in popularity. She already has a spin off character Gwenpool as well.

How many characters who debuted in past ten years are getting statues made?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:15 AM   #64
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
What’s wrong with spec fiction?
I’m starting to go through them and they seem pretty good.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #65
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I'm curious to know as well. Off the top of my head, reward points, smaller deposit & more payments would be more appealing. I don't think SS carries Queen Studios though.

I think I want to order this, but remain uncommitted.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:48 PM   #66
Frankierock
Omega Red

I actually just pulled the trigger and ordered this...can’t believe I spent that much $$$..but getting 3 -1/4 scale figures and a light up base...not a bad price really.
Oh and the in ES is 499.

I ordered it through Spec Fiction myself...used the payment plan. $70 a month til it ships seemed a lot more doable than forking over $1400 bucks.

Base needs a little tweak here and there. They need to fix the webbing on the Explosion, How does that stick to an explosion? Just get rid of it ..looks like plastic anyway and does nothing to enhance the statue.
And the street sign is awful. It needs to be a stop sign or something you would see in NY/America everyday. That ..thing?! Or what ever it is is horrible.
If it stays like that when I get it I will have it replaced to something that makes sense.
Other than that I really like this statue a lot. Being a huge Spidey fan only thing that could have made it better is A few Villian Easter eggs in the base.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:59 PM   #67
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post

Spec Fiction and Secret Compass are both great sites. I buy from them all the time. The guys running it are awesome. The only thing SS has over them is the reward points and Spec Fiction now has a rewards program too. Anyway, you have options.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #68
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I don’t give a $#!+ about lights but valiant effort and kudos to them for listening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Yeah I could care less about lights since it’s just one more thing to potentially malfunction in the future.
Yeah I agree to a point. I like the lights because at this price point it definitely adds some value.
But I’m wondering how they are going to work..are they going with clear resin? They just say it will now light up...I’m interested to see how they do it, because if not done right I don’t want or need lights.
Besides how often are we even turning them on..almost never.
It’s a Nice “show off “ feature when someone comes over...but other than that...ehh.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:11 AM   #69
Biggunz
Loki

They got this all wrong.
Screw Quen Stacy
Screw Miles Morales

This if anything should of been a Maximum Carnage 3 in one statue
Spidey, venom, carnage

I would of even taken it in Sega Style but comic preferably
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #70
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Yeah I agree to a point. I like the lights because at this price point it definitely adds some value.
But I’m wondering how they are going to work..are they going with clear resin? They just say it will now light up...I’m interested to see how they do it, because if not done right I don’t want or need lights.
Besides how often are we even turning them on..almost never.
It’s a Nice “show off “ feature when someone comes over...but other than that...ehh.
I get you., and yeah, that's my concern too. Lights that feature so heavily in a statue need to look just as good with the lights off, since we'll typically never have them on. I just hope they don't think the lighting component will fix it.

The cheese blob needs a lot of work to be pulled off. I don't think they even need an exploding building here at all, and the characters seem to be a bit too close to one another. I'm hopeful though.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote