Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Wii got the last one. Whew.

I was pretty lucky in that I got my Wii with absolutely no problem, no wait, no hassle. Managed to be logged into Amazon way back in September when they mistakenly put the Wiis up for pre-order for a couple of hours. Ordered one and Amazon honored their mistake. I have been trying quite unsuccessfully since then to get one for my nephew. I found out today that the Times Square Toys R Us had received a sizeable shipment. I manged to get out of work early and I ran over there. Chaos. There was a huge line. Everyone was was buying videogame stuff had to get on it, even if it was only games and not the consoles. I'm sure most folks were going for the Wii but still there were quite a few who weren't. I was on the line close to an hour as it snaked it's way through the store. As we were getting closer they shouted out that there were only 30 Wiis left. There were easily 50 people ahead of me and probably close to 100 or more behind me at this point. I hung in there. When I finally got near the front of the line (about 10 people in front of me) they announce that there are 8 Wiis left. I'm not getting a good feeling. Now I'm thinking, as bad as it is to wait on the line for over an hour and get nothing, it's measureably worse to wait on a line for over an hour and see the last one left go to the person right in front of you. Finally I get to the register ask for the Wii and hold my breath. The guy reaches around a column, puts the Wii down in front of me and shouts out, "Last one, no more Wiis!!!" I totally lucked out and got the last one. I felt bad for all the folks behind me and especially for the guy right behind me. My nephew is going to be very happy because at this point his parents have told him that it's not going to happen. And that's my Wii story. And Primal, if you're out there thanks for offering to run over there and check!
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
kirthew
Zot

Awsome... I remember on Sunday when I was in the Best Buy line... and told they have no more... and then ran over to Toys R Us to see a huge line... getting in it.. and then being told that I got one... they had 120... was the best experience I have had buying a console... And then going home and playing Wii Sports with my friends... The Wii is awsome... but the pursuit of the Wii made it all the better...

I hope your Nephew enjoys it... and congrats.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

What's a Wii...?...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
oxbeard
I am da law!

Congrats Zurb, I'm sure your nephew will be super stoked now. Definitely going to make his Christmas
oxbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
Primal
Batman

Turns out we were both in the store at the same time although we didnt run into each other.

I got on the line to get you one for about 5 minutes before they announced the sellout. Who wouldve thought it was Zurby who caused the sellout announcement.

Congrats & Happy Holidays.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Good stuff Zurb - glad you were able to get one for your nephew
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Good news right before the weekend too! I haven't heard much out of you about the Wii Zurb! Haven't you or the kids been playing it? You haven't posted in any of our Wii threads!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #8
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Good news right before the weekend too! I haven't heard much out of you about the Wii Zurb! Haven't you or the kids been playing it? You haven't posted in any of our Wii threads!
I'm ashamed to say that the Wii, PS3 and 360 are all still in their boxes. My new job requires me to work long hours and I get home from work really late just about every day so I haven't really had any time. We're closing for the week from Christmas to New Years so I'm really hoping to get all of these bad boys out of their boxes and set up in that time. The kids are bugging me about the Wii so that's the first one out of the box this weekend.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 AM   #9
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nice Z! I was at Best Buy today and they had 8 PS3's on the shelfs. On the other hand, there was no Wii's and many people asking about it.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:59 AM   #10
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

lucky kid to have such a great uncle.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote