Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 12-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
shindayume
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Where can I get original Future Floor Wax?

First I want to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Hope everyone here will have a good celebration.

I am almost out of the original Future floor finish bottle I bought years ago.

I guess recently they changed the name or product to Pledge with Future. I used a little it bit today and is not as glossy or strong as the original Future.

Does anyone know where I can find the original Future Floor Wax in it's original form? And not just an add on to another product?

I checked Wallmart and they don't have it. Do they even still produce these or maybe out of production.

Any tips will help. Thanks in advance.
shindayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
avall15
Frackin!

hmmm....from what i heard is that the new bottle you have is the same Future just a bottle/name change. This is the first i am hearing of it not being as effective. I dont think you are going to find the original one.
avall15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
shindayume
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I recently tried to newer Pledge Tile & Vinyl Floor Finish with Future product and it is definitely not the same as the original Future. Not as thick and not as glossy.
I guess they don't make the original anymore. If anyone has a supply of the old one, I'll pay top dollar for it.
Thanks again.
shindayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Dark69
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

try big lots,dollar stores and outlet stores like that, they get old stock with out dated packaging when the big guys pull it off the shelves.
Dark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Astounding
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm looking for the same product. The Johnson Company's website claims the new "Pledge® Premium Finish with Future® Shine" is the same product. When I went to Walmart I found and bought "Pledge Floor Care Wood Floor Finish with Future Shine" (not quite the same name). There was also a similar product for Vinyl Floors which is probably what Shindayume bought. I went with the wood because it sounded like it would be more likely to be the original product. I have not tried it yet but it doesn't look like the picture I found online for "Pledge® Premium Finish with Future® Shine" (I'm guessing PREMIUM is the key word here). I may keep looking before I open it so I can get my $6 and change back. Dollar stores are a good idea - I will certainly try there - Thanks!
Astounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Pledge bought them out, so you wont find the old labels anymore unless its a very very very old bottle thats been collecting dust.

I have the new pledge ones and i dont see a difference at all. Been using floor polish since 2005 when danno told me about. So when the bottles changed was the same thing at least to me.
Vince-Vell is online now   Reply With Quote