Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
skorpsta
Ghost

PAINTING AND BUILDING RESIN KIT VIDEOS..AND MAGAZINES....CHECK THEM OUT.

david fisher modelmania..a must!!..i have it!..and its the holy grail for building and painting..love it! click on the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSgedDjKkE

phil lister a great airbrushing dvd..i also have this..great dvd for airbrushing click on the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfFMJJu4Hw

Vallejo AFV acrylic techniques DVD by Mig Jimenez i just orderd one but its all on painting minitures..but the styles are the same for painting statues and kits..the only thing it will not play on a regular dvd player, but i was told itwill play on a computer dvd player i did not receive yet..but was told its goodclick on the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vallejo-AFV-acry...item5addb8742d

heres another but this is also on painting minitures...think im gonna get this also..shows great styles.. click on the link:
http://hot-lead.org/dvd/

i tell ya for the past 5 years i have been painting these statue figures...there is still so much to learn..ilern somethingknew about painting all the time..i even get advice from the master painters out there and they tellme the same.

i also recommend to get amazing figure model magazine..i have them and the articles are great! click on the link:
www.amazingmodeler.com

also there is kit builders magazine which is great click on the link:
http://www.kitbuildersmagazine.com/

enjoy...and lets keep this hobby alive!..happy building, painting, and collecting!
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
skorpsta
Ghost

if any one else knows of any books or dvds..please post them
Old 12-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
skorpsta
Ghost

does anyone read the kit builders mag..i only read afm..the articles are great but was thinkg of getting some kb mags.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #4
Jesse321
Galactus

Kit Builders mag (IMO) is WAY better than AFM.

The one thing that's annoying is that since it's a smaller family run mag, their release schedule is HORRIBLY erratic, but when they do come out ... it's the best there is.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
skorpsta
Ghost

thanks jesse
Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Jesse321
Galactus

There's also a really good video (tape, I don't think it's ever been transferred to DVD) called "Explorations in Painting" by horizon.

It basically covers most of the same material as the others, but there are a few little things in it that will be of use to people.

And if you're getting into painting, I cannot recommend the Kit Builders University classes at Wonderfest enough! It's an all day class, and with the fee for the class, you get to keep EVERYTHING, kit, airbrush, compressor, supplies ... all of it. I've taken the class like 4 times, and still learn something new every time.

Also just going to Wonderfest is an incredible experience because you get to talk to guys who've been doing this for years ... often times DECADES ... and they're all extremely generous with that knowledge. I've made some really great friends at Wonderfest, who've continued to push me to do things that I would probably have never attempted to do otherwise.

This year I'll be taking Gabe Perna's sculpting class.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
Jesse321
Galactus

Thanks for the links to those other DVD's I'm going to look into getting them as well.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
mnwolfspider
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I gave my brother a not so subtle hint that I wanted the DVD with Volumes 1, 2, & 3 for Christmas. Looks like a really good instructional tool!
mnwolfspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
There's also a really good video (tape, I don't think it's ever been transferred to DVD) called "Explorations in Painting" by horizon.

It basically covers most of the same material as the others, but there are a few little things in it that will be of use to people.

And if you're getting into painting, I cannot recommend the Kit Builders University classes at Wonderfest enough! It's an all day class, and with the fee for the class, you get to keep EVERYTHING, kit, airbrush, compressor, supplies ... all of it. I've taken the class like 4 times, and still learn something new every time.

Also just going to Wonderfest is an incredible experience because you get to talk to guys who've been doing this for years ... often times DECADES ... and they're all extremely generous with that knowledge. I've made some really great friends at Wonderfest, who've continued to push me to do things that I would probably have never attempted to do otherwise.

This year I'll be taking Gabe Perna's sculpting class.
thanks again for the info jesse...and your right you can never learn so much when it comes to this hobby
Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwolfspider View Post
I gave my brother a not so subtle hint that I wanted the DVD with Volumes 1, 2, & 3 for Christmas. Looks like a really good instructional tool!
It's REALLY good, I refer back to them all the time, Volume 2 has a lot more of the advance techniques in painting.