Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
Nightwinger
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Christian..???

This was on my AOL front page.

Is it just me or do we still have ALOT of homelss and starving people that
could sure use the time and energy that people spend on this stuff....

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/movies/ar...02093709990003

PLEASE, do not get me wrong. I'm sure there are many many fine Christian
people that do ALOT of great things. And they go unnoticed.

But the one comment that...."it would be like Madonna playing the Virgin Mary". What kind of MEAN comment is that!!!!!

I always thought the best way to show ones-faith,belief or moral fortitude. Is
simple to live ones life as an example.

It's called ACTING. I'm sure there has been some actors that haved played or
voiced animated characters of HIGH vurtiue and might had some 'difficulties'
in their life. But just because it's not public knowledge.........

Cheese and crackers. When will people JUST relax !!!!!! ***He said,tensely.***

On the other hand.......................

.................I do question how it became public knowledge before the film
is released about the actor being a BrokeBack Mountain man. So I do hold
the director in a small amount of suspision as well.
Nightwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

So are they promoting job discrimination among the film industry? ?
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
daveyyojimbo
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Consider the source is all I can say.
daveyyojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
Confessor
The Avengers

One of the main points that I gathered from the article was not so much the actor's lifestyle choice, but rather, his rabid advocacy of it:

"He wrote that Mr. Allen's homosexuality was not so much the problem as was his open activism for g.a.y. causes, and that if a drunk who "promoted drunkenness" had acted in the movie, "I'd be just as mad."

I can see their point, which is, it seems, that a private company with a core set of values that define it (Bible-based Christianity) have, as the lead actor in a recent (Christian) production an actor who is not only g.a.y. (no real problem if that is all there is to it), but an open radical activism for a lifestyle that is not Biblical (the validity of the Biblical position isn't the issue here....that's for another thread on another board).

The issue is, how wise is this private company (with a specific core set of beliefs) to select an actor in the highest profile position in this film with activism for this lifestyle that in every sense runs in counterdistinction to its principles. How does that selection further the cause of their (Bible-based) belief system, which in the end is a prime goal.

On the other hand, God works in mysterious ways that many times do not stand up to HUMAN reasoning. So if the "decision maker" responsible for selecting this actor for this role made the decision after genuine, diligent, thoughtful and open (to God) prayer, then who are we to challenge that? I don't know if the one who chose him did that or not. But if he did, then perhaps God would use this actor's experience during the film making to speak to his heart and turn him around. Who knows?

Only God sees all of the "big picture" and we are limited by our own myopic human eyes. So in the end, our job is to see that we (as actor selector, whatever) are acting in accordance with God's will (diligent prayer in a Biblical context). So in the end, this doesn't bother me really one way or the other. For all those who are bothered, may I suggest you pray that this actor's experience allow God to touch him in a way that turns the actor to Him?

(Sorry for the longwindedness. )
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #5
cblakey1
Cyclops

"Rabid advocacy" aside..

why didn't they just get that freak-ass Kirk Cameron to play the role and make everyone happy?

If the fundies feelings are hurt so much, they can always call Pat Robertson to make some faux xtian statement threatening or damning the company to hell for what they did.

It's a movie.. Some actors are g*a*y.. Get over it!

cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
rychehitman
Galactus

Once again!

Who cares! Whatever you do in your bebroom and who you do it with is no ones business! If you are a consenting adult, and no one is harmed in the process...why should ANY sexuality matter!

Why must some people be "openly ***"....how about just being who you are and not having your sexuality be how you are identified? They dont put "openly hetero" under other actors names!

and PAt Robertson is WHACKED! I love hearing hiscomments..they just make him seem more and more like your crazy grandpa!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #7
Confessor
The Avengers

Again I think the main point (of some who share the beliefs of this film company and are questioning the actor choice) in essence was NOT to argue the rightness or wrongness of a particular lifestyle choice, but rather, how well does this lifestyle choice of the lead actor in the film reflect (well or poorly) the message & core beliefs reflected in the film (and film company).

So for example if a group believes that only brunettes are good, that group might ought not make a film with a blonde as the lead protagonist b/c it is in direct counterdistinction to it's core beliefs, right or wrong, even if the lead protagonist were to wear a brunette wig.

One could argue the merits or detriments of being a blonde (or brunette) all day long, but that's NOT the point of this story. So that discussion would be better suited in another thread/story/format.
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #8
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

once again, I see majority pap looking for "oneness" and "correctness", maybe w/exception of Confessor, he at least also draws the line consistently.

Making it simple takes away all emotion: The Book is either 100% right. Or 100% wrong. Period. You makes your choice, you live (or die) with it.

*sigh* I know, I know, it's all soooo much less offensive when we're talking statues, ain't it....
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Thats why Religon sucks.Just believe in God.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
Thats why Religon sucks.Just believe in God.
WOWThis statement coming from Coca?

Amen, bro!

I like to stay clear of the cult mentality myself!
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote