Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #51
Meta Jon
Daredevil

they are going to do what sells more, same reason why Bowen gave us 10,000 iron man, Hulks and wolverines
I'm good if they re-release some of the older ones with new sculpts I can always use another Gambit or wolverine

what I would really like is them to do more of the X-Force line they started, that was a damn fine line
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #52
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Yeah, after all these years Sosa probably grown as an artist & got even better. So new sculpts, old character with new poses might look better than his old work.
If they produced new and better sculpts, people might not mind not having the old statues and they would be ok if they aren't re-issued.

I have a Supergirl 1/6 ArtFX, and I think she can be sold for twice her original price now. If they decide to give her another go, I wouldn't mind as well
I got a Jason bishoujo, and a year ago, her price went up. I kinda enjoyed that, but I'm fine with them re-releasing Jason so newbies could get into the horror bishoujo line.
One thing I like about the DRS series is it is so consistent unless until Rogue. I really wouldn't want much to change or to be improved. And again he would be spending opportunities for new characters on treading old ground. Even his latest Wolvie is similar enough to the old one.

I got Jason too, $40. Her going back down to that price doesn't hurt me in the least because I'll never be involved with the secondary market much more much past retail prices. Always wanted the Turner ArtFX if that's the one you're talking about.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #53
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I'm new to this hobby and I can see where both points of view come from. For me, I just enjoy the detailed art work and would love to get my hands on it. In thinking so, I am working on collecting the new things being produced, with the POs and payment plans. While I know the secondary market will kill me on the older items I've missed, I am aware that I will have to be choosy with those and it will be a slow collection game over time. I don't mind them doing reissues, if they do, I'll be all over it, but if they don't, I understand and to the back of the line those wants go. Either way, this is good news we've gotten!!
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #54
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
they are going to do what sells more, same reason why Bowen gave us 10,000 iron man, Hulks and wolverines
I'm good if they re-release some of the older ones with new sculpts I can always use another Gambit or wolverine

what I would really like is them to do more of the X-Force line they started, that was a damn fine line
Fantomex, Domino, and Wolfsbane to top off that series I say. Do it Koto!

TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #55
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I'm very excited about seeing more DRS X-Men and X-Force statues. We very much need Jim Lee Storm, and X-Force Domino and Fantomex.

Can't wait
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #56
Shonks
Frackin!

I would almost give up my first born for a fine art fantomex. Easily the 1/6th i want the most
Shonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #57
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

On that note...

Top 6 for the first year...off the top

Jubilee
Silver Samurai...give me a pink sword
Domino...classic
Storm...white/silver
Dr. Octopus...classic
New Gambit
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #58
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

A straight up reproduction of a Fine Art statue is not an option at this time. These products have always been sold with the expectation they would be one-time productions.

Revisiting previously released characters with a different outfit or appearance is a very viable option though.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #59
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #60
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
A straight up reproduction of a Fine Art statue is not an option at this time. These products have always been sold with the expectation they would be one-time productions.

Revisiting previously released characters with a different outfit or appearance is a very viable option though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Have a ton of respect for you Vecchio so totally not trying to insult you! We just have different views on this matter and this is just a discussion. I do hope GONK is in here just to hear what EVERYONE has to say even if not the same as me.
For me these aren't $500+ PFs or sub 400 edition sizes.
I don't see a point in trying to preserve $500+ selling prices on statues that originally retailed for $170.
People give Koto crap for even rereleasing Bishoujo. They're $50 figures! I got Catwoman for $42. If they decided to rerelease her I couldn't care less despite her inflated selling price. I'd probably get another.
I just don't participate in the secondary appreciation aspect of this hobby.
I hear ya QZ. You made some great points. Nothing but respect for you as well. I just want the rest of the Blue and Gold teams completed first. It's nice knowing the older pieces are going for a pretty penny, but on the other hand I plan to keep my DRS pieces forever. With the way ES's are of recent, there will be plenty DRS/Marvel goodness for all!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote