Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-30-2024, 06:07 PM   #11
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
that was the rumor as to why we werent seeing any comic based xmen characters for a while but doesnt explain why no one made a jackman wolverine statue, that would be a movie based fox license.
Again, Fox could not greenlight any Marvel-related merchandising on their own, in spite of them owning the movie rights to those characters.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 06:16 PM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Again, Fox could not greenlight any Marvel-related merchandising on their own, in spite of them owning the movie rights to those characters.
how did they get away with hot toys and other action figures then? genuine question as i have found it baffling for all these years, seems every other type of merchandise aside from statues was available
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 06:22 PM   #13
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
how did they get away with hot toys and other action figures then? genuine question as i have found it baffling for all these years, seems every other type of merchandise aside from statues was available
It's a very natural question to ask. I guess Marvel was OK with those, but didn't want more 'prestigious' high-end product made of those movies.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:48 PM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

bizarre but as stated an x2 wolverine pf would probably be extremely dated by todays standards and the likeness would more than likely not be there anyway. hopefully someone immortalizes him in polystone at 1/4 scale now, if not IS then maybe queen studios or even SS
Old 01-31-2024, 03:48 AM   #15
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
bizarre
As usual, it's all about money:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ign.com
Marvel has been fairly tight-lipped about the whole situation, though Executive Editor Tom Brevoort did address the issue when a Tumblr user asked about the lack of new X-Men toys. Brevoort said, "If you had two things, and on one you earned 100% of the revenues from the efforts that you put into making it, and the other you earned a much smaller percentage for the same amount of time and effort, you?d be more likely to concentrate more heavily on the first, wouldn?t you?"

Financially, it's hard to argue with that logic. Thanks to the terms of their contract with 20th Century Fox, Marvel doesn't earn a great deal of revenue from the various X-Men and Fantastic Four films (only about 5%, according to The Wall Street Journal). Couple that with the fact that Marvel has to share licensing revenue for movie-based merchandise and you can see why the company might be disinterested in focusing on those franchises. It's why we haven't seen a dedicated line of toys for an X-Men movie since 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine and why there's not going to be many Fantastic Four products this summer.

Superhero movies are a lucrative business, but it's about far more than just the movies themselves. A superhero movie that makes $500 million at the box office may in turn generate millions or even billions more in licensing revenue. It's a feedback loop where action figures and video games and fast food toys fuel hype for the film and the film in turn drives consumers to buy these products even more. Marvel has ensured that this feedback loop doesn't exist for the X-Men and Fantastic Four films. There's little merchandise or multimedia representation for these properties, and less all the time. Fox is forced to rely solely on the movies themselves for revenue. Marvel is essentially starving out Fox, assumedly until the studio shows a greater willingness to cooperate and play by Marvel's terms.
The issue was also covered by Forbes.

So yeah, it's not that Fox were disinterested in licensing the characters from their films to statue manufacturers, it's just that they weren't able to unless Marvel were OK with it. And, as we know, they weren't.

Personally, I'd love a Jackman statue from "Logan".
Old 01-31-2024, 09:13 AM   #16
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well thanks as usual Shoo your knowledge on these situations is much welcome imo.

But all this should be a moot point now that Marvel and Disney bought 20th Century Fox. Hopefully they can make all the Deadpool and Wolvie statues their hearts desire. I think Iron Studios announcing this is just the start. I'm sure other companies will make 1/4 statues. I don't necessarily believe it will be Iron Studios though. Maybe Sideshow. I think IS will do Deadpool, Wolverine in costume, Dogpool, and potentially if you have viewed/heard/seen any of the spoilers then there may be more statues to come.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:26 AM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

yes, hopefully the floodgates have now been opened

again nice detective work Shoo, always appreciate the insight pretty much what we all assumed but nice to hear confirmation there was something going on and we werent all crazy
Old 01-31-2024, 11:55 AM   #18
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
But all this should be a moot point now that Marvel and Disney bought 20th Century Fox. Hopefully they can make all the Deadpool and Wolvie statues their hearts desire.
Quote:
yes, hopefully the floodgates have now been opened
Old 04-22-2024, 11:13 AM   #19
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

With the new trailer they dropped today for Deadpool & Wolverine, I'm excited now to see what they push out for this line. Pretty safe bet we will get a Wolverine and Deadpool statue in 1/10 scale. The villain in this is pretty forgettable I fear so I don't think we will see a Cassandra Nova statue. Curious to see what other characters end up being in this movie and if they receive statues.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:19 AM   #20
bamboo spear
Doh!

Please let a new Lady Deathstrike be in the works (there's a quick shot of her in the trailer, but I can't tell if it's Kelly Hu or not).
bamboo spear is offline   Reply With Quote