Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-12-2024, 08:20 PM   #231
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I appreciate the thought provoking feedback.

I love the hobby more than any one company or any one piece.
Thanks, I feel the same, I like most of these companies, but we always need honest dialogue, even if it's not always positive
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:15 PM   #232
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
My error regarding ES on base. I misspoke and was incorrect.

But not surprising and most telling you have nothing to say about this waitlisted, sold out item magically back up for pre order.
Not sure what you want me to say. I don't pretend to understand Sideshow's business practices.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:51 PM   #233
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I appreciate the thought provoking feedback.

I love the hobby more than any one company or any one piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Thanks, I feel the same, I like most of these companies, but we always need honest dialogue, even if it's not always positive

It isn't that I do not care but have just long realized it is a losing battle.

My ire with Jerry was and always will be his own mismanaging of OTHER people's money. Telling people to check back in 6 months or go see some new owners for refunds "that isn't my department anymore but don't worry eventually everyone gets a statue" is a far cry from finishing a stated ES or heck even just additional brand new runs.
I'll come back to this in a sec.

I completely agree that back when it was just Bowen and Sideshow limited meant limited and that was an integral part of the hobby.
But now even if a piece is scarce there is a GLUTTONY of statues in this hobby. Multiple producers, countless repeats, ever sky high promises and prices and an increasing uncertainty as to how things will turn out once delivered.
No these are not comic books but do you see how much of ALL this new crap pops up on BBTS and similar sites weekly? Action figures, statues collectible gimmicks, more, more, MORE!! There iIS something going on here very similar to comics in the 90s.
I simply feel that "LIMITED" is just transitional until the next whatever next month.

So back to Jerry, that experience is precisely why I have the view I do. I DESPISE DIRECT POs. I do not want only lesser versions available at retail. The PCS Ninjas crapfest and many other PCS failures, along with multiple other companies proved to me that sending THOUSANDS of dollars YEARS in advance and HOPING some Chinamen put in the due diligence is how a fool spends his money.
I CANNOT TRUST any of these companies so I no longer attempt to. It is the LESSER of 2 evils. I'd much prefer statues being re-solicited than to be so desperate for a statues to sink money in multiple POs all based on... TRUST.

And this is in no way construing Tweeterhead is anything like PCS. But like any other company they have finances and they have ego's and no statue company gets to play with my money interest free anymore. These companies need to trust themselves to produce desirable products INSTEAD of relying on this newfound direct customer access thanks to online ordering and social media/scarcity/exclusives hype for orders.

Yes there should be honesty with claims of transparency but Tweeterhead, all of these companies, are in a predicament where as long as the statue is available people will wait. This is what PCS took advantage of with the their Warehouse gems and such which were outside the normal ES. But more sales ensures the lines flourish, in this instance this very awesome MOTU line which I wish to see continue without needing to trust statue companies in advance. I love this hobby to and companies like Tweeterhead are making great statues but I personally am not going back to the Rocky's Club, or PCS PO in-crowd ever again.

So yeah I am totally cool with "batches" based on sales like this, Sideshow, and others are doing now and the ES is just a max. Still does not mean dishonesty should be a part of the process but that is why statue companies have always liked unofficial representatives as scapegoats.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 11:08 AM   #234
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It isn't that I do not care but have just long realized it is a losing battle.

My ire with Jerry was and always will be his own mismanaging of OTHER people's money. Telling people to check back in 6 months or go see some new owners for refunds "that isn't my department anymore but don't worry eventually everyone gets a statue" is a far cry from finishing a stated ES or heck even just additional brand new runs.
I'll come back to this in a sec.

I completely agree that back when it was just Bowen and Sideshow limited meant limited and that was an integral part of the hobby.
But now even if a piece is scarce there is a GLUTTONY of statues in this hobby. Multiple producers, countless repeats, ever sky high promises and prices and an increasing uncertainty as to how things will turn out once delivered.
No these are not comic books but do you see how much of ALL this new crap pops up on BBTS and similar sites weekly? Action figures, statues collectible gimmicks, more, more, MORE!! There iIS something going on here very similar to comics in the 90s.
I simply feel that "LIMITED" is just transitional until the next whatever next month.

So back to Jerry, that experience is precisely why I have the view I do. I DESPISE DIRECT POs. I do not want only lesser versions available at retail. The PCS Ninjas crapfest and many other PCS failures, along with multiple other companies proved to me that sending THOUSANDS of dollars YEARS in advance and HOPING some Chinamen put in the due diligence is how a fool spends his money.
I CANNOT TRUST any of these companies so I no longer attempt to. It is the LESSER of 2 evils. I'd much prefer statues being re-solicited than to be so desperate for a statues to sink money in multiple POs all based on... TRUST.

And this is in no way construing Tweeterhead is anything like PCS. But like any other company they have finances and they have ego's and no statue company gets to play with my money interest free anymore. These companies need to trust themselves to produce desirable products INSTEAD of relying on this newfound direct customer access thanks to online ordering and social media/scarcity/exclusives hype for orders.

Yes there should be honesty with claims of transparency but Tweeterhead, all of these companies, are in a predicament where as long as the statue is available people will wait. This is what PCS took advantage of with the their Warehouse gems and such which were outside the normal ES. But more sales ensures the lines flourish, in this instance this very awesome MOTU line which I wish to see continue without needing to trust statue companies in advance. I love this hobby to and companies like Tweeterhead are making great statues but I personally am not going back to the Rocky's Club, or PCS PO in-crowd ever again.

So yeah I am totally cool with "batches" based on sales like this, Sideshow, and others are doing now and the ES is just a max. Still does not mean dishonesty should be a part of the process but that is why statue companies have always liked unofficial representatives as scapegoats.
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:31 PM   #235
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
And it would deserve EVERY inch!! Here's a deal: They make it I'll buy it and you don't have to.

But nah the 1/6 ain't that big. I have all of these.
https://youtu.be/3ZMUG_3TDFg?t=875

Not my pic either but Tor is the best! So much greatness!!

Attachment 168887
Fantastic picture and display !
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote