Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #571
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I would compare this line to Yamato's Fantasy range, but those statues like ritual and Luz were (IMHO) better than even the SP girls.....hell the face on Luz looks human, while the faces on SP, again while being far superior to SS products, couldn't compare.
Agree. Luz might have not as many tiny details & accessories as the Sucker Punch girls, but the face & body sculpt and paint job are outstanding.

As for Sucker Punch line pricing, I've been monitoring it on eBay for some time and none (except BabyDoll, which is an exception proving the rule) have significantly raised in price. In fact, I saw a couple of MIB Rockets selling for aroung $200 recently.

But this is market, after all, and manufacturer/seller can ask any price he wants. If there are enough customers willing to accept that price - that's good for the manufacturer, and what's good for the manufacturer is good for the whole industry, I guess. Perhaps GG are going to price the regular Honey Trap statues really low, and to cover their losses they have to price the exclusive one so high?
Just kidding, I know that sounds ridiculous)))

However, if GG overestimates demand and their pricing turns out wrong, market will correct it and we will see "real value" prices on eBay a few months after release. Just be patient.
To give you an example, a couple of MIB Sideshow Baby Doll PF's were sold for 200 euros (which is around $260 including VAT) on eBay recently, with official price $350.

As for Whisper - my humble opinion is that she has too much gear and all these hoses, air tanks and other diving gadgets just take attention away from the girl herself.
The only thing that could justify it for me would be that the gadgets are part of the character's history, but at this moment we know nothing about it.
To be honest, compared to the Sucker Punch line, these statues all seem a bit weird to me. Again, maybe its because the lack of history behind them. I might be interested in Lucky and the asian girl with the dog as the most classic-looking pieces, if their price is around $300.

P.S. Guys, don't write here the peak price you are ready to pay for these. GG are reading!
Maybe if we moan a lot about overpricing, GG will re-consider their pricing for regular edition?
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #572
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
When all is said and done, all this anger towards the SDCC exclusive Whisper has more to do with the possibility that the entire Honey Trap line just got financially away pending the regular Whisper announcement.

A whole year salivating on sexy female statues...all for nothing. All this statue market analysis talk that has come about boils down to just that: people got priced out.
Good thing I only wanted Whisper. I can get why a lot of people are pissed. Sucker Punch line was $250 per statue I believe. Whisper and the others might be almost twice that amount. And most people here have the need to get complete lines. I would be upset too seeing a $1250 set at the most turn into a $3000+ set.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #573
FROBAY
Phoenix

Thanks ChromeColossus. This shows her face very clear. I just love her look! Thanks again for the great picture of Whisper!!

Hmm I wonder if her goggles can be moved onto her face?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if each one comes with Dog Tags?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #574
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeColossus View Post
I so want Whisper

[/QUOTE]

Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #575
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

an absolute joke!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #576
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Justify?

GG Sucker Punch Rocket (licensed product) Retail 250.00

GG Honey Trap Whisper (unlicensed product) Retail 679.00
sucker punch is a massive dog turd!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #577
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Thanks ChromeColossus. This shows her face very clear. I just love her look! Thanks again for the great picture of Whisper!!

Hmm I wonder if her goggles can be moved onto her face?
I wonder if each one comes with Dog Tags?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. The SDCC Whisper product photo didn't show one. You can always custom make them like I did with the SP girls. We'll have to ask GG where go the charms.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #578
Vallos
Jubilee

I have an off topic question, JediDon... Why did you blur out the numbers?
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #579
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
I have an off topic question, JediDon... Why did you blur out the numbers?
I alway blur photos of items with serial numbers. There unscupulous people to steal people's photos for ebay listing of items they don't have. Didn't really need to do it with these. Just by habit I guess.

The dog tags do make good nameplates for the statues.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #580
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I alway blur photos of items with serial numbers. There unscupulous people to steal people's photos for ebay listing of items they don't have. Didn't really need to do it with these. Just by habit I guess.

The dog tags do make good nameplates for the statues.

Great idea!