Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-21-2016, 12:09 AM   #251
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If they pin down the face to match the advertisement, then I'll certainly pick this one up.
victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #252
Cyber Warrior
Frackin!

Hi guys, new to the forum and glad I found it, looks like a great place with knowledgeable people. I mainly collect comics but just started getting into statues as well. Im currently working on filling up two side display cases to an entertainment center. Because of this Im limited to the height of what I can fit in there so Ive been focusing on 1/6th scale for the most part.

Anyhow, can someone provide me with the exact height of the WW? I know its listed as 12 1/4" tall but so far from my experience, whats listed under details doesnt always match up with the actual statue.

Im looking at the newer exclusive variant but Id imagine its built off a similar template as the first version.
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #253
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Hi guys, new to the forum and glad I found it, looks like a great place with knowledgeable people. I mainly collect comics but just started getting into statues as well. Im currently working on filling up two side display cases to an entertainment center. Because of this Im limited to the height of what I can fit in there so Ive been focusing on 1/6th scale for the most part.

Anyhow, can someone provide me with the exact height of the WW? I know its listed as 12 1/4" tall but so far from my experience, whats listed under details doesnt always match up with the actual statue.

Im looking at the newer exclusive variant but Id imagine its built off a similar template as the first version.
Welcome aboard Cyber Warrior.
Hmmm.......regarding the height. I couldn't really say because I do not have her in hand since its at a pre-order stage. But I would agree with you on her being similar template as the first version. I know of people here that have the first version and perhaps they can better shed some light as to the actual height of the figure if they see your post.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #254
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Pose makes much more sense now with the sword and shield in hand. Though it looks like they had some fun with her costume on this one (Bare midriff and thigh high boots). Not sure how I feel about that on Wonder Woman.

Still, I think it's an improvement overall especially if they get the portrait right this time. Think I'll give them another chance with this one. Since it's EE, it'll be an easy return if she doesn't turn out well.
Unfortunately, while I agree that the pose doesnt look as weird with the sword and shield, its still just not a pose that I like at all. Its a damn shame too as I really like the overall look of the piece. I just really can't stand the pose and that's coming from someone that really never has issues with poses. I like em all, be it museum, one leg up, action pose etc. This pose just feels....off to me.

Oh well, it is what it is. You can't expect to like em all in this market. Will put the money I would have spent on this towards Yamoto's Poison Ivy.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:07 PM   #255
Cyber Warrior
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Welcome aboard Cyber Warrior.
Hmmm.......regarding the height. I couldn't really say because I do not have her in hand since its at a pre-order stage. But I would agree with you on her being similar template as the first version. I know of people here that have the first version and perhaps they can better shed some light as to the actual height of the figure if they see your post.
Thanks. Yes, hoping someone will chime in who already owns one.

I placed my pre-order anyway.. which by the way EE pushed back the release date tonight from March to May. I sent them a question about the statue, and as soon as they responded.. poof.. the date on their website changed.

Also, reading through this thread changed my mind. I was originally planning on purchasing the statue thats already out but your comments gave me an awakening ..now all I see is a confused look on her face like What should I do? Its still a beautiful piece, and I actually prefer the face now compared to the prototype.. both are great though. But I prefer her with the shield and sword in hand, she looks more ready for battle compared to looking shocked. I did however prefer the older top and boots, As sexy as it is, I could do without the mid drift and thigh high boots.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:49 PM   #256
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Thanks. Yes, hoping someone will chime in who already owns one.

I placed my pre-order anyway.. which by the way EE pushed back the release date tonight from March to May. I sent them a question about the statue, and as soon as they responded.. poof.. the date on their website changed.

Also, reading through this thread changed my mind. I was originally planning on purchasing the statue thats already out but your comments gave me an awakening ..now all I see is a confused look on her face like What should I do? Its still a beautiful piece, and I actually prefer the face now compared to the prototype.. both are great though. But I prefer her with the shield and sword in hand, she looks more ready for battle compared to looking shocked. I did however prefer the older top and boots, As sexy as it is, I could do without the mid drift and thigh high boots.
Welcome CyberWarrior to the Forum... I own the regular Yamato WW it around 12.5 inches in height. The face on the statue is beautiful. Congrats on ordering the exclusive.. The exclusive should be the same height. There are no stats on Her.. since her arm are below her shoulder the statue should be the same height as the first. I hope this helps...

edit : the website just updated... Same size 12 1/4 inch
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #257
Cyber Warrior
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Welcome CyberWarrior to the Forum... I own the regular Yamato WW it around 12.5 inches in height. The face on the statue is beautiful. Congrats on ordering the exclusive.. The exclusive should be the same height. There are no stats on Her.. since her arm are below her shoulder the statue should be the same height as the first. I hope this helps...

edit : the website just updated... Same size 12 1/4 inch
Thanks for the welcome and info. Im just wondering how true it is to whats listed as I have some statues that say they're a certain size on a website, but when measured are actually different. If its 12 1/4 that would be perfect as my shelf are distanced 12 1/2 apart. I pre-ordered anyway, worse case I'll just have to drill some new holes and re-adjust the height of my shelving.

But yeah, one example would be the Superman Man of Steel Kotobukiya I just received.. all internet info claims its 10 1/2" tall but its actually only a tad under 9 3/4 (bottom base to very top of head). thats a big difference.. might not matter to most people but for someone such as myself trying to fill a display with height restrictions it makes a world of difference. I have two more shelves to fill and then no worries ..I have other display areas where space is not an issue.

So if someone can measure theres Id appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:50 PM   #258
Piccolo1r
Frackin!

Do any of you guys know how many variants yamato usually makes for its statues? I'm wondering if I should pick this one up or wait to see what else comes out.
Piccolo1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #259
Finisher
Blue Falcon

I would prefer just the original variant (Royos head) without weapons. Hate WW statues with weapons. Perhaps cause I just read too many comics of her or JLA where she hasnt had any of them. But I think this is "gone"...
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #260
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo1r View Post
Do any of you guys know how many variants yamato usually makes for its statues? I'm wondering if I should pick this one up or wait to see what else comes out.
Hi Piccolo1r: Hope this helps..
How many variants:
Catwoman: 1 variant purple outfit for SDCC
Harley : 2 variants..from EE
WW: 1 so far.. from EE. no info on how many variants..being release from EE.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote