Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #3321
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is where this hobby jumps the shark
https://www.prime1studio.com/br-nosf...-upmbr-03.html

$2,600 At least 3K shipped for some barely known character?
The price is crazy, but he is at least a significant character in Berserk. It's all for the better anyway; almost no one would be able to display this. The base is like the size of a manhole cover.

What's kind of a bummer is that I remember them saying that the price wouldn't be close to Shockwave, yet they've ended up quite similar in price.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #3322
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yep.

People need to step back and evaluate what they are really doing. Only being overemotional would convince someone to spend so much on that.
Well it is pretty limited. Maybe 300 es would have been better but there are a lot of Berserk fans. This will do well.

I might consider getting it but I’d have to cancel a couple of things. Have to see. It’s ----ing big!
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #3323
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
The price is crazy, but he is at least a significant character in Berserk. It's all for the better anyway; almost no one would be able to display this. The base is like the size of a manhole cover.

What's kind of a bummer is that I remember them saying that the price wouldn't be close to Shockwave, yet they've ended up quite similar in price.
I doubt it cost them as much to make this vs the Shockwave statue, I’m getting that statue too, but I think it just falls into their mindset of “gigantic ----ing statues” price point. Lol.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #3324
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
Wow, I knew it would be expensive but I didn't imagine it would be this much. I'd still love to own it, I have the display space for it but sheesh that price tag. Anyone here planning on getting it? I'm really contemplating.
I am definitely getting it but I am going to wait a little and hopefully the situation between p1 and sideshow will become more clear and then I'll know what is the best option
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 PM   #3325
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post

Also you need to take account that Shockwave sold much bigger number espacially in China triple time more Than zodd which is at 400 edition size. If they can make this numbers for zodd of course will be cheaper. I know Zodd was suppose to be cancel but Prime1 found someone to able to produce it so they give it a chance. Thats why the preorder took soo much time.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #3326
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Yeah I was expecting this price just going off the videos of it from conventions, this thing is truly massive, the diameter of the base is 40 inches.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #3327
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Honestly given its size I was expecting this to top out at around $2,500.00 USD.

I think the price is..... acceptable, given what they price their other pieces at. Imo it’s the shipping which is the problem, which also is somewhat expected. At least for US residents you now have the cheaper shipping option. Others not so much.

And given its edition size, I don’t see this having much trouble selling, given its appeal in South/East Asia etc.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #3328
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Is this 1/5? I wish the whole line was 1/5 so that everything could be a little bit cheaper.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #3329
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
Is this 1/5? I wish the whole line was 1/5 so that everything could be a little bit cheaper.
I thought it was even smaller.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #3330
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Look at the Art of War pieces Berserk fans used to spend thousands on....at least now they are getting amazing pieces for the price.

Berserk fans will buy this i have no doubt but it's those fans who collect Berserk and nothing else i doubt most people are going to give up the space for Apostle form Zodd to mix it in with a wide ranging collection.

If anything else you can't say that Prime 1 haven't given Berserk fans their all...but to be honest from what i've heard about Prime 1 sales numbers i don't think we'll see much more like this but hey i've been wrong plenty of times before.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote