Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #701
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Butt hurt fanboys can be found in all groups unfortunately
Yeah but the proportion is significantly higher in the XM demographic.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:58 AM   #702
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Yeah but the proportion is significantly higher in the XM demographic.
From someone who collects statues from all companies I would say SS fanboys are pretty bad... Back when the OG Batman PF came out and I brought up the armpit issue I had fans ripping into me left and right... the funny thing is some of these same people defending the statue ended up doing the glue fix to stop the armpits from sagging even though they defended the statue by saying there was no armpit sag
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #703
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
From someone who collects statues from all companies I would say SS fanboys are pretty bad... Back when the OG Batman PF came out and I brought up the armpit issue I had fans ripping into me left and right... the funny thing is some of these same people defending the statue ended up doing the glue fix to stop the armpits from sagging even though they defended the statue by saying there was no armpit sag
I buy from all companies as well and I think SS fanboys are way worse. SS can continue to put out mediocre pieces and they will defend them to no end because either A, they never have seen in person or bought an XM piece before or B, they can’t afford one. If you go into an XM thread, it’s not all praise for every statue. A lot of people who buy from them, will criticize what’s wrong with the statue and XM usually corrects the problem if we are vocal enough. Unfortunately SS usually can careless.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 AM   #704
built2shred
Phoenix

When it comes to companies your always going to have the hardcore fans IE: Xbox vs PlayStation.... Raiders Fans vs pretty much everyone
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:08 AM   #705
darren1228
Zot

Here is an example... the new XM 1/6 Joker. Looks like an action figure concept. Chattering teeth weapon and joker robot base? What the hell is it? Not to mention the mediocre headsculpt. Zero hate for it in the XM thread. If Sideshow had designed it people would be spewing venom.

This is the case for most XM releases. Sideshow fans blindly defending all products? Maybe for a small minority but have you guys seen how heavily the new Batman and Poison Ivy PFs were criticized.

XM Joker with a stupid weapon that makes no sense....brilliant what an ingenious design!!! Statue of the year!! Oh wait that title is already reserved for the super busy and tacky white Magneto.

Looks how ridiculous this thing is...

Old 06-18-2018, 05:20 AM   #706
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I was there when the original Batman PF was released. It definitely wasn't just you criticizing the armpits. So I don't remember people getting picked on because they had a problem with the armpits. I remember people fixing the pits and most agreeing that it looked better.

I thought it looked weird but was ok with it. I do agree that it looks better fixed and fixed mine myself. I don't
think I criticized anyone who had a problem with the armpits (could be wrong...it was so long ago but doesn't seem like something I would do).

Unfortunately his underwear has starting flaking off.....ugh mixed media. But that is another story.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 AM   #707
darren1228
Zot

Also Prime 1's Lady Maria statue. I'm seeing a lot of QC issues with the chair and candleholder. But are we seeing the level of vitriol seen with Sideshow? Nope.

Sideshow is absolutely being held to a different standard for some reason.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #708
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Show me one quote where someone calls that XM Joker statue of the year. Oh, that's right, you can't because no one said any such thing. For the record, I'm not really liking it either based on the con pics.

Yet, there's quite literally multiple people in the Sideshow Juggernaut thread calling him statue of the year based on a single digital image.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #709
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Show me one quote where someone calls that XM Joker statue of the year. Oh, that's right, you can't because no one said any such thing. For the record, I'm not really liking it either based on the con pics.

Yet, there's quite literally multiple people in the Sideshow Juggernaut thread calling him statue of the year based on a single digital image.
No, but I was trying to make a point. Do you see much critique on that board?
Superman gets a longer chin, Batman and Poison Ivy are bigger than normally depicted...people are unhappy. Hey I'm one of these critics.

XM makes Joker a mechanical engineer....nothing but praise. See the double standard here? My point is XM is not subjected to the same level of vitriol compared with Sideshow. In fact from my experience you will get called out nearly every time you critic a XM piece.

What makes it even better is XM fans have to come here and call people crazy for preferring Sideshow's version (see Mystique discussion a couple pages back). Like it or not these two companies are held to very different standards and from my experience one side has very fanatical fans.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #710
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Here is an example... the new XM 1/6 Joker. Looks like an action figure concept. Chattering teeth weapon and joker robot base? What the hell is it? Not to mention the mediocre headsculpt. Zero hate for it in the XM thread. If Sideshow had designed it people would be spewing venom.

This is the case for most XM releases.
While i really like xm’s joker i have to agree, i was thinking the exact thing the other day, that if SS had made this they would’ve been killed for it. Tbh I think SS has f#cked up so much that people don’t tolerate much from them, and at the slightest slip or hint at something they don’t like people kill them for it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote