Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #551
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
She looks great, if I was a cammy fan id be all over ordering her. But rather wait for a Rose that will never be made 8)
Whatever happened to that PCS Rose statue? I've been waiting for that ever since I saw this photo drop over 3 years ago. You'd think if they were at this stage, it would have been solicited long ago...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rose.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	129067  
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #552
MegatronG1
The X-Men

These statues don't cost anywhere near $900 to make. They charge $25 more for Classic because they can. Of course they have to cover development, licensing, etc but I'm sure they still have a lot of play in their margins to still profit at $750. This industry lives and dies by our emotions. While I'm not a fan of the costs and some business practices, I don't buy a lot these days, and always wanted a SF2 Cammy. So a premium doesn't bother me in the grand scheme.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #553
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How fast did chun-Li sell out at or did it take awhile when it switch to SSC?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:32 PM   #554
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I was wondering why classic is more too. For Chun Li, her classic outfit was $25 more but I assumed it was because that was the most labor intensive outfit (at least in my non-professional opinion). I would think Decapre's outfit here would be the more labor intensive one....
The amount of details in Chun-li's Classic version is insane! (actually the details on the other 2 versions are crazy good as well. )I love the tailoring and the material used for her leggings. As for Cammy, I do not think the tailoring will be that intricate as she her outfits are rather simple.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:38 PM   #555
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Kinda hard to say. Chun was before SS took on PCS stuff, so all the orders were on the PCS website which kept crashing. It took a couple hours for everything to sell out, but then it took a couple hours for people to keep refreshing to try to get their orders in.

As I remember, I think the battle dress sold out first, then classic, then alpha.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #556
markuz30

Quote:
I am not sure how fast but I believe all where sold out when it was switched to SSC...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:05 PM   #557
jac1066
Blue Falcon

I remember when Akuma 1:3 crashed the PCS website from all the traffic. It took hours to get the pre-order done. Those were the days.

In past the EVO sets at an edition size of only 75 usually sell out within minutes. After that it's anyone's guess what will sell out next. I agree with DiscoCougar, as I recall Chun-li Battle dress sold out first, then Classic, alpha was a day or two later. All version did sell out. It was not the blood bath that Akuma was. In the past all the SF 1:3 have sold well. If Cammy does sell out day 1, you can still get on the wait list.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #558
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
The Chun Li Legacy Set went up for pre-order one week before the individual statues went up. The Legacy Set sold out in 3 minutes, 9 seconds according to PCS at the time.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...20#post5449520
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:53 PM   #559
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
The Chun Li Legacy Set went up for pre-order one week before the individual statues went up. The Legacy Set sold out in 3 minutes, 9 seconds according to PCS at the time.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...20#post5449520
You think Cammy will be sold out as quick as Chunner?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:48 AM   #560
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
From what i recall they sold out fast. Even now they are wait-listed, which might be due to cancellations?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote