Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-11-2023, 08:01 PM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
So, apparently the image below was on display at Power Con? I found this posted on Instagram.

My question: is it typical for the paint to vary from an display figure or would this be accurate to what we should expect of the final statue?

It?s up for possible change based on comments. But usually what you see if pretty close to what it will be when preorder begins. And certainly at time of PO, the color will be locked in.

Hope that helps and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Maybe it's the angle but that looks larger than 1/5 to me. Also the paint needs an upgrade. Overall I like what I'm seeing with the teaser images. Depending on how Cheetara looks I can see myself going all in on this collection.
Not sure if these will be hard to find later, but based on the sneaked images Cheetara would be - at earliest - the 4th drop in this line. Tygra and Lion-O may be the next two.

The real question is, does anybody need a villain in this line? Or just want the Thundercats? I?d just want the ?Cats.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 08:09 PM   #22
SDguy

I'd be down for a great Lion-o and Mumm-ra, and call it a day.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 08:15 PM   #23
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Here are a few pics from Power Con that I went to today.

Panthro looked great although I think the white on the base can be improved a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panthro.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	164145   Click image for larger version

Name:	beastman.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	164146  
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 09:28 PM   #24
AC_808
Hercules

I still need to see the full reveal pics.

Not sure if this is due to lens warping or the angle or what ....but Panthro's legs look a tad thin compared to his upper body.

Panthro's legs look much better here, so it could be the angle.

Everything else looks great. Just need to see more ....
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 09:35 PM   #25
Tone
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It?s up for possible change based on comments. But usually what you see if pretty close to what it will be when preorder begins. And certainly at time of PO, the color will be locked in.

Hope that helps and welcome
It does help! And thank you

Speaking for myself, I'd prefer to see him more gray and I'm not sure I'm a fan of the silver detailing, but seeing as this is already an interpretation of the character rather than going for fidelity, I'm not annoyed just less enthused. I thought this would be a contender as the best Panthro statue but that's probably still going to be the Iron Studios one.
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 04:39 AM   #26
BrendanAdams
Doh!

I wish they removed the silver detailing.
I have been waiting for an opportunity to complete my Hard-Hero set for years, but there will always be the scale issue...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	164179  
BrendanAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 04:49 AM   #27
qz33
Doctor Doom

I mean it is good but after consideration from a sales buying perspective they need to push the design further like they did MOTU. More realistic and more definition.

I know a lotta people want a classic look but it just doesn't sell compared to what all they have to compete with. I just don't see a $500-$600 by next year.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 05:30 AM   #28
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Panthro looks great. And what perfect timing. I was nearly about to place an order for several TC action figures. Glad I didn't.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:06 AM   #29
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Why can't it be both? As long as the problem design choices from the originals get fixed (looking good with Panthro skipping the Tour de France bike shorts ), and they eventually redo them, who cares if they could still be displayed with the SS pieces for those not wanting to double dip if they have those already.

I agree, that silver edging totally goes with the og Lion-o.
The style of the greaves and all of the silver detailing makes it look like it fits seamlessly with the Sideshow line, which I would like, because I have the Lion-o Ex and I really think it's a good statue that gets way too much hate for what was just an attempt @ modernization with the shorts...

Last edited by DLMEsquire44; 08-12-2023 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Edited in light of scale info.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:07 AM   #30
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
The style of the greaves and all of the silver detailing makes it look like it fits seamlessly with the Sideshow line, which I would like, because I have the Lion-o Ex and I really think it's a good statue that gets way too much hate for what was just an attempt @ modernization with the shorts... Unfortunately, the scales don't match.
I wonder if their partnership with Sideshow means this could be available in Quarter scale, to fit with the previous line...
Oh? I could have sworn the SS pieces were 1/5. My bad.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote