Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Prices can be crazy. I just spent $1200.00 on a 2 page splash. For that price you would think the comic came out years ago..... instead of a few weeks ago.
that description demands a pic

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #22
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
that description demands a pic
Sure thing. I just need to have it in hand to post the pic.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #23
Royd
Producer
Producer

Michael, I'll trade you a Michael Golden Avengers Annual #10 page with Spider-Woman on it for the info! Of course, that would only work if I had a Michael Golden page *sigh*

Oh well, I'll just have to be patient. Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
How much do you guys want to pay... I'll tell...heehehehe
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #24
Royd
Producer
Producer

Nice one UD! I enjoy splash (no pun intended with this piece - heh) pages and really liked this one. Also have a soft spot for Stingray from Marvel Two-in-One books. Good price too. Best,

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #25
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
I'll trade you a Michael Golden Avengers Annual #10 page with Spider-Woman on it for the info!
Man, I wonder who's got the original art of the page where Spider-Woman saves Ms. Marvel from her fall... What was that, page 2? Golden's art isn't what it once was, but he was off the hook back then. That issue is one of my all-time favorites. I'm looking forward to meeting him at the Heroes Con in June.

UD- Congrats on your acquisitions!

Monster- looking forward to the unveiling. You've got me wondering. Not even a hint? Marvel? DC? Other?
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #26
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
Man, I wonder who's got the original art of the page where Spider-Woman saves Ms. Marvel from her fall... What was that, page 2? Golden's art isn't what it once was, but he was off the hook back then. That issue is one of my all-time favorites. I'm looking forward to meeting him at the Heroes Con in June.

UD- Congrats on your acquisitions!

Monster- looking forward to the unveiling. You've got me wondering. Not even a hint? Marvel? DC? Other?
This was on Ebay twice in the early days for $799. I had just bought the cover of Spider-Woman #8 for $890 off Ebay. I thought $799 for a title page that is not even a splash really... I will pass... A guy has it on Comicartfans.com... Just type in the search screen Avengers Annual 10. The reg pages have been selling for $2,500.. I bet this one would be $5k now...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #27
snappahead
Producer
Producer

You ain't kiddin, Cyberpunk. Golden's older stuf was so ahead of it's time. I wish he was a bit more productive. That's just greediness though. He's just such a great artist.

I know how you feel Monster. I'm waiting for a huge piece to arrive myself, I get paranoid too when I'm waiting for something like this to arrive. I guess we'll both have cool stuff to show off shortly...Mine didn't cost quite as much as yours though
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #28
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
This was on Ebay twice in the early days for $799. I had just bought the cover of Spider-Woman #8 for $890 off Ebay. I thought $799 for a title page that is not even a splash really... I will pass... A guy has it on Comicartfans.com... Just type in the search screen Avengers Annual 10. The reg pages have been selling for $2,500.. I bet this one would be $5k now...
Ouch..that's a painful story.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
patrickwm68
The Flash

Underdog, if you're looking for a framer try Rag Shop. They always have coupons in the paper.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #30
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I know how you feel Monster. I'm waiting for a huge piece to arrive myself, I get paranoid too when I'm waiting for something like this to arrive. I guess we'll both have cool stuff to show off shortly...Mine didn't cost quite as much as yours though
Yeah I'm real freaked out about saying too much. Even though the deal is done and I've already paid for it, I just don't want to jinx it.

Can't wait to see what you got as well.