Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-04-2023, 09:35 PM   #21
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Wow....looks like it got tossed off the roof of a UPS truck for that to happen....
That is a pretty mild damage actually. The boot pieces shattered when the leg came apart and will be the hardest thing to make look right. If all the pieces are there shouldn't be much of an issue. Now the bugs are not the fault of UPS, but I wouldn't be thrilled about them, luckily it isn't mixed media.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 05:39 PM   #22
MPCanes
The X-Men

Update - received a check from UPS today. That was far more painless than expected. Thanks for the support everyone!
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:10 AM   #23
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Congrats! I almost never hear any good news when it comes to UPS and such.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:10 AM   #24
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Update - received a check from UPS today. That was far more painless than expected. Thanks for the support everyone!
How much does UPS compensate (market value, what the buyer/original owner paid)?

I contacted the seller relating to my damaged statue, he said he could put in a claim with UPS for "Complete Loss or Damage Allowance."

Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, this is my first time going through this process.

What is "Complete Loss?" For the latter (Damage Allowance), the seller stated I would have to provide documentation for the repair.

Will UPS provide any additional compensation besides the repair? Thus far, the seller has not offered a partial or full refund to me.

I was not sure what I am entitled to on Ebay/UPS, as the recipient of the damaged statue.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 02:09 PM   #25
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
How much does UPS compensate (market value, what the buyer/original owner paid)?

I contacted the seller relating to my damaged statue, he said he could put in a claim with UPS for "Complete Loss or Damage Allowance."

Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, this is my first time going through this process.

What is "Complete Loss?" For the latter (Damage Allowance), the seller stated I would have to provide documentation for the repair.

Will UPS provide any additional compensation besides the repair? Thus far, the seller has not offered a partial or full refund to me.

I was not sure what I am entitled to on Ebay/UPS, as the recipient of the damaged statue.

Total loss is where you give it to UPS for a full refund. Partial loss is where you get an estimate for the repair work and get a credit for that amount and keep the statue. Personally, I would get it cleaned/repaired.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:12 AM   #26
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

I got what I sold the piece for - provided a copy of the paypal transaction, as well as a link to sideshows site showing the original price.

I claimed total loss on mine, sent a ton of pictures, and they didn't ask for the piece back or contact the buyer, for what it's worth.

If you do go the repair route, I'd get a quote (all inclusive - shipping to and from), share it with the seller, and have them file it asap.

My whole process took around ~3 weeks during the holidays, so it can go quick if your buyer isn't twiddling their thumbs.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:02 AM   #27
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Nice!
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote