Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-27-2023, 06:42 AM   #441
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Fullscale_PCS, i just want to ask, regarding Fulgore's ponytail, is it already attached to his head, or is it a separate piece that collector's attach to the back of Fulgore's head via a magnet, or something else?
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:59 AM   #442
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Going to pass. I don't like some aspects of the anatomy. It needs to look more like the KI 1 renders, proportions and all, to really feel the need to drop $700+.
Fair point. I fell like these licenses they need to stick to one or the other, like you can't have one character from the first game, another from the second, interspersed with your own artistic elements, within the same line. It will be chaos.

The only fighting game licensee that I feel they were truly faithful to , was Mortal Kombat. Umk3, mk9, and mkx all had accurate depictions of those games characters.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:14 AM   #443
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Fullscale_PCS, i just want to ask, regarding Fulgore's ponytail, is it already attached to his head, or is it a separate piece that collector's attach to the back of Fulgore's head via a magnet, or something else?
Right now it's a separate piece. But that's on the prototype. I don't know what the final engineered head will be. It could be keyed in, magnetized, or permanently affixed to the head. The head is keyed to be swappable with the body as there is a laser eyes portrait available.

My personal guess is that it will be part of the head., Glued on, etc.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:22 PM   #444
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Fair point. I fell like these licenses they need to stick to one or the other, like you can't have one character from the first game, another from the second, interspersed with your own artistic elements, within the same line. It will be chaos.

The only fighting game licensee that I feel they were truly faithful to , was Mortal Kombat. Umk3, mk9, and mkx all had accurate depictions of those games characters.
Yeah, well said! I am tired of betraying my own nostalgia based on a particular vision which existed in a particular point in time, for the whims of an overpaid licensor intern who's unlikely to have the same fervor for the subject as me. It's not for a lack of skill or technology but a lack of will, and not least, corporate inertia backed by lawyers that can destroy anyone's life in an instant.

Had there been a KI toy line back in the 90s-early 00s, of course they would have been more faithful to the artistic elements from the arcade game's cutscene renders.

My only options left are custom statues that have to be done from scratch, or AI-upscaled images of the Rare character renders, printed into posters. And there's First4Figures, who technically may have the license since they've done Rare stuff already, and there's the slight off chance they'll be given freer reign.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:38 PM   #445
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Fullscale_PCS, someone was concerned that Fulgore's wrist blades might bend or warp over time, due to the material they're made from.Is there any chance that might happen? [i imagine if they're made from some type of hard plastic, that might happen, IF Fulgore was displayed in a humid environment, as Prime 1 Studios included 2 plastic rods with their Jet Power Optimus Prime, to hold up the jet packs on his back, and someone posted a pic of theirs on display, and the rods were bending, and i asked Prime 1 Studios about it, and they said it was due to humidity, so i'm just curious if the same thing could happen with Fulgore's wrist blades......
Old 01-29-2023, 01:43 AM   #446
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Fullscale_PCS, someone was concerned that Fulgore's wrist blades might bend or warp over time, due to the material they're made from.Is there any chance that might happen? [i imagine if they're made from some type of hard plastic, that might happen, IF Fulgore was displayed in a humid environment, as Prime 1 Studios included 2 plastic rods with their Jet Power Optimus Prime, to hold up the jet packs on his back, and someone posted a pic of theirs on display, and the rods were bending, and i asked Prime 1 Studios about it, and they said it was due to humidity, so i'm just curious if the same thing could happen with Fulgore's wrist blades......
I don't think so. We use a high quality clear cast resin that we have uses on many clar parts over the years. I personally have like, 9 statues that use it. It doesn't degrade or warp AT ALL.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 05:49 AM   #447
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey Fullscale_PCS, thanks for answering my question, regarding Fulgore's wrist blades, i GREATLY appreciate it.I just want to ask, what does Fulgore weigh, including the base? Cheers!
Old 02-08-2023, 04:14 AM   #448
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So my fellow KI fans, which Fulgore have you ordered or plan to order?
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:48 AM   #449
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonPixie View Post
So my fellow KI fans, which Fulgore have you ordered or plan to order?
Dark grey all the way! You?
Old 02-08-2023, 07:57 AM   #450
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Dark grey of course.

The silver is tempting, but they would have to announce Orchid in green and another colour to make me buy two colour variations for characters.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote