Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-13-2022, 11:43 PM   #181
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I just got a notification that the shipping is going to cost a little over $100. My goodness that is insane
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:19 AM   #182
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I just got a notification that the shipping is going to cost a little over $100. My goodness that is insane
yeah my went from $85 to 105
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #183
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
yeah my went from $85 to 105
Pathetic. I mean the box looks fairly small for a 1/4. And the price of the statue and the shipping was already highway robbery to begin with.

This hobby has completely burned me out and its mostly the pricing. When I open these statues, I just don't get the sence of joy you all do. I can't help but to compare price vs value and even some of the heavy hitters just don't bring as much joy anymore. Price is just too lopsided.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #184
Pharmer
The Herculoids

My shipping also went up $20 to $115; they have us over a barrel so they might as well, right? Glad I’m just winding down and only collecting a few key pieces each year. I can’t imagine just starting the hobby now!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:31 PM   #185
Ma Chao
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Mine also increased from $95 to $115. And when I asked how much shipping using DHL, they charge me $325. That is insane. I don't know where they are shipping from, but I always assumed from Asia, which is where I live.

I mean, my last order from Sideshow (TH Teela) only cost $150 using DHL, and that's halfway around the globe. This is definitely my first and last order directly from them.
Ma Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 01:11 AM   #186
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Chao View Post
Mine also increased from $95 to $115. And when I asked how much shipping using DHL, they charge me $325. That is insane. I don't know where they are shipping from, but I always assumed from Asia, which is where I live.

I mean, my last order from Sideshow (TH Teela) only cost $150 using DHL, and that's halfway around the globe. This is definitely my first and last order directly from them.
i thought they have a warehouse in the us where they shipped the item from.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 09:24 AM   #187
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

They have a warehouse in Washington state. The pieces get shipped from China by boat, take about 2-3 months to reach the US warehouse, then get shipped around 2 weeks after they land via UPS.

DHL is expensive but a lot of overseas companies started using it because UPS and FedEx international have jacked their prices up. There are boat shortages from China (2 month wait on just the cargo containers) to anywhere because of their half assed Covid response last year while everyone else had recovered. I paid around $700 shipping and duty DHL for my KOF97 Athena piece with no other options for shipping. My last F4F message for the Castlevania Death piece outlines some of these problems. I just got my yearly holiday email from UPS and FedEx on their rate changes for next year. You don’t want to know. It doesn’t look good if you’re a statue collector.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:33 PM   #188
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

They let me know to prepare my payment method to be charged in a week. Also since I live in Washington you would think that shipping from that warehouse wouldn't cost me over one hundred dollars...
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:03 AM   #189
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
They let me know to prepare my payment method to be charged in a week. Also since I live in Washington you would think that shipping from that warehouse wouldn't cost me over one hundred dollars...
They must be factoring the shipping costs from
China. My final shipping charge came to $163.69 CAD and hopefully they were accurate when they said there are no other charges for duties. Perhaps I?ll get dinged for sales tax?man, I almost regret not buying the regular off Sideshow with RPs. The whip and base cost a premium
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:55 AM   #190
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

When I preordered King Dedede they only offered standard shipping like always but it cost $156. He’s definitely smaller than Ivy. Amy’s standard shipping was $195. Death was $56 Richter was $85.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote