Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #11
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I imagine people would generally prefer Orchid's old costume. It does exist even in the newest game as a classic costume. I wonder how PCS intends to do her statue. Might have a bunch of variations to it. Fulgore is a very PCS design. His design is well suited for their style of statue.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:24 PM   #12
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

I've been wanting a Fulgore statue since I started collecting, but it's been crickets forever on KI stuff. As a big Predator & Killer Instinct fan, this would be a no brainer buy for me. As long as it's done right of course & they go with the classic original designs... I'd also be interested in other characters like Sabrewolf, Glacius, Riptor, Jago & Spinal...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #13
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm amazed at how many people want the classic designs, i mean theyre pretty damn awful lol...

Give me a new Jago and Thunder!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:52 PM   #14
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm amazed at how many people want the classic designs, i mean theyre pretty damn awful lol...

Give me a new Jago and Thunder!
I grew up playing KI in the arcades and can say it's about the nostalgia for me. I played a lot of the 2013 game and don't hate the new redesigns, but picked the classic skins while playing it mostly for that sake. There's more people attached to the original game, oppose to the new one to justify going with the OG looks.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:39 PM   #15
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I grew up playing KI in the arcades and can say it's about the nostalgia for me. I played a lot of the 2013 game and don't hate the new redesigns, but picked the classic skins while playing it mostly for that sake. There's more people attached to the original game, oppose to the new one to justify going with the OG looks.
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:15 AM   #16
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The problem with the older designs is that they were early 3D models and come with all that baggage. They're great for a nostalgia kick and they look fine in the games where the world and context matches them, but I don't think they'd make good high-end figures.

I wouldn't mind classic costumes on the new character models as options, though. I always felt like the new Orchid failed to capture her whole neon-rave-dancer quality she had in the classic games.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:38 AM   #17
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah I think doing the 2013 versions and having a classic costume option is probably the best route to go especially when they all got official classic costumes to begin with.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:20 AM   #18
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Yeah I think doing the 2013 versions and having a classic costume option is probably the best route to go especially when they all got official classic costumes to begin with.
I'd be cool with that concept, but doubt they'll pull it off. Just think of the difference in cost from one classic version to a modern version.

Take Fulgore for example: His redesign has all these extra intricate hoses and details that would be a harder & more expensive sculpt oppose to the original design.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #19
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I hope PCS make both the 1995 arcade version and 2013 Xbox One version of Fulgore, that way, it will be an ULLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOO of Fulgore statues.......
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:29 AM   #20
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
I hope PCS make both the 1995 arcade version and 2013 Xbox One version of Fulgore, that way, it will be an ULLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOO of Fulgore statues.......
That would be a KILLER COMBOOO!!! I'd want both! Maybe they should test the waters by releasing both Fulgore designs 1st out the gate!