Sideshow Collectibles 8 13.79%
Tweeterhead 9 15.52%
Weta 2 3.45%
XM Studios 4 6.90%
Other 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2023, 06:18 PM   #11
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quality wise, I voted for JND because their statues are simply majestic. They are classy and their commitment to quality is just on another level, its like owning the prototype cause their final production is either just as good, or sometimes even better than the prototype.

Prime 1 is a close 2nd because because they pump out a variety of many different kinds of statues, and they generally put a lot of thought on their diorama bases.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:04 PM   #12
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Edit* I didn't pay attention to the "licensed" part, so for the price, I'd say sideshow and tweeterhead, these other companies mentioned are for a very select few collectors with lots of disposable income, JND, Queen etc... are beyond what I'm willing to spend, but do look good if you like the Mainstream Hollywood Stuff
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:36 PM   #13
SONICobra
Batman

This question used to be much easier to answer, these companies all cater to completely different subject matter and audiences. I guess I?d pick tweeterhead as I collect the properties they?re making statues of and they rarely put out a dud
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:21 AM   #14
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Edit* I didn't pay attention to the "licensed" part, so for the price, I'd say sideshow and tweeterhead, these other companies mentioned are for a very select few collectors with lots of disposable income, JND, Queen etc... are beyond what I'm willing to spend, but do look good if you like the Mainstream Hollywood Stuff
Some of the 1/4 scale Queen stuff have been priced quite reasonably.

Heck their first 1/4 scale was $480 and their recent Cap was $590. Though they probably average $700-$800.

Which isn’t too bad given that so many Iron Studio pieces are $1,000 to $1,200.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:40 PM   #15
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Some of the 1/4 scale Queen stuff have been priced quite reasonably.

Heck their first 1/4 scale was $480 and their recent Cap was $590. Though they probably average $700-$800.

Which isn’t too bad given that so many Iron Studio pieces are $1,000 to $1,200.
Ok, maybe I grouped them together unfairly, but I did check out JND and already know Prime 1, those companies prices are sky high, I love statues, but I'm getting priced out of most stuff, I'll only order a piece I think I gotta have, no more impulse buying
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:43 PM   #16
nearmint
Phoenix

For me, output is a major factor. So, while LBS and JND put out some pretty great stuff, their output is minimal compared to many of the other companies listed. I went with Queen, just becuase I bought more Queen pieces in 2022 than any other company.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:27 PM   #17
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quality over Quantity
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:54 PM   #18
Yamato
Justice League

One JND statue alone has topped anything else other companies have made.

So I have to go with JND.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 05:16 PM   #19
ukshaun
Hercules

Oh hell, i decided to vote.

I voted JND. The reason being, i own one piece by JND. Harley arrived in 2022 and i was blown away!

Part of me felt i should have voted for Sideshow Collectibles. The reason being, i own more pieces by Sideshow than any other company. The fact is, 2022 amounted to Sideshow delivering piece's with questionable QC. Sideshow CS dropped off in 2022 also. Then there was all the messing around with Strom PF shipping (i cancelled that piece in the end). From a quality of prototype perspective, i still rate Sideshow no.1, as they have have possibly the best in house sculptors, painter in the business.

I refuse to vote for Prime 1, as their CS sucks!!!

I have a lot of time for Hot Toys. Fact is, they make figures, not statues. I am not quite sure why they are on the list.

If Sideshow had shipped my PCS - Dejah Thoris, maybe i would have voted for PCS this time around
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #20
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Tough Choice:

Biggest Rising Star: Tweeterhead. Their MOTU line is beautiful.

Most Statues Currently on Order: Prime 1. First time in my near collecting decade this happened. Sideshow always had this but Prime 1 is knocking it out of the park

Favorite Statues in my Collection: XM Studios. Nothing beats their Transformers Line

Most Improvement: PCS. That Last Ronin Statue alone shows it

Best Customer Service: Sideshow. This is the reason I prefer to order from them over anyone else. If I make an expensive order like a statue, I feel far better knowing they're there to take care of me (which they have done so)

Ended up giving it to Sideshow if I look at the overall picture. Their selection, statues, prices are overall the most fair, by far the best Customer Service, and although I don't like the changes they made to their site, I still think its the best of them.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote