Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #1091
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i'd rather just buy a stuva frame and shelf and just buy the besta doors to save some money..these things add up when you're buying multiple

btw..the dpors have been updated http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/12152/
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #1092
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
i'd rather just buy a stuva frame and shelf and just buy the besta doors to save some money..these things add up when you're buying multiple

btw..the dpors have been updated http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/12152/
Yeah, I see the Glassvik is the exact same price as before but now you need to buy the hinges separately which are $10 per door.

So if you buy a 3 tier besta frame thats going to be $75, plus 2 shelves at $5 each, 3 Glassviks at $45 each, and 3 sets of hinges for $10 each for a grand total of $250 per Besta display. It used to cost $220 per Besta display before this overhaul, and the Bestas themselves used to include 4 shelves.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #1093
adee
Green Arrow

Wow between the normally confusing site and site update going on I can't find anything. Everything is redirecting.

No more black GLASSVIK doors?

Are the SINDVIK door frames thinner than the GLASSVIK doors?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #1094
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

capchi3 on going display projects

Been working on my "display" room the last couple of years. Just added the two top Bestas pieces on my "Wall of Bestas". I didn't have the 24" needed to the ceiling so I had to cut down 2" on the new double piece and decided to lay it sideways so that there is no divider, it gives it a wider different look above the 15 Bestas cubes. After the cutting down the 2" I then used the extra shelves to brace the sides and it also covered the holes. Center section is a singe Bestas cube (Alien Bust ) Finally I had my glass guy to customize the opening. I was happy the way it came out. On the other size which a call the "Galant" ikea line I added the display for my TV and the top and bottom which I have the Superman and Batman pieces and the Kirby Hulk section on the bottom. Again the glass was custom cut. My next project was using the "BILLY" Bookcase and "MORLIDEN" GLASS DOOR by Ikea. I like this combination because it was really all the room I have leading out to the room. This "Billy" case is perfect for 1/6 scale and Busts. Still working on what to put, I temporarily placed two of the YAMATO pieces. Finally on the right of the BILLY display (leading out ) I completely made the shelving for my comic collection. Saved atleast $150 by using picking up loose pieces (and spare pieces I've accumulated from past projects) at the Ikea "As Is" section. It cost me $25 to built this. It's definitely a place to look when you go there!. I still have two more sections to do in the room and then I can say I'm done......If you have time I have pictures in the Collection Corner...See: capchi3's collection from the heart.
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #1095
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like how the glass is recessed into the cabinets, how is it held in place?
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #1096
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

There are many ways to do this, the adjustable shelves are recessed 1/2-3/4". There are extra shelves left over. I either place them on the sides (as I did with the horizontal displays) or on the bottom and top. So, the glass is recessed in and stay perfectly in place. I then drill a 1/16 hole on the sides of each corner and then use the extra shelving pins to hold it in place. This is only one of many ways to do this. There's one thing I hate is dusting and this helps big time.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #1097
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

yea I like my bestas but the doors let a ton of dust in this would pretty much seal them in
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #1098
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
yea I like my bestas but the doors let a ton of dust in this would pretty much seal them in
Yes darb, I noticed that there is a gap all around those Bestas Doors, that's the reason I didn't go with them and the price. Although everyone of my displays are pretty close to 1/16th gap, that's enough for dust to get in but my dusting is only around twice a year so I'm happy with that.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #1099
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
Yes darb, I noticed that there is a gap all around those Bestas Doors, that's the reason I didn't go with them and the price. Although everyone of my displays are pretty close to 1/16th gap, that's enough for dust to get in but my dusting is only around twice a year so I'm happy with that.
Use weather stripping
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:44 PM   #1100
the Jade Monkey
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Heads up to anyone in the DFW area. I went to Ikea to pick up a PAX tonight and all the BESTAs are on clearance for $50.
the Jade Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote